Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    This fb itself is a list of long to-do stuff of mine.Made methi balls tomato kuzhambu in the last week.This is definitely going to be a repeat at home as the elder one liked eating kara laddu(the methi balls,thanks to chotta Bheem:))It paired well with nellai venthaya kal dosai for dinner.This time I used half the measure brown rice and it turned out well.

This weeks bake was nutty banana muffins.I added 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to it.Since I was baking it using whole wheat pastry flour,I wanted the kids to eat it without out any fuss.They are loving it as the evening snack.

The long time desire of mine to do yeast cookery got fullfilled today.Baked the stuffed and plaited buns today.Tasted it a bit and it looks perfect for me.Waiting for the judgment tribunal(the kids at home) to wake up from the noon nap and have it.Am sure they will like it.

Thank you so much for the wide choice that you have given us to relish:bowdown

2. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithumma,

It was a royal spread at home today. I was actually intrigued by the names of these items and they proved me right.

Sultani Dhal - Appa expects nothing in life. He just lives for others. He said that it was too good. So very different than the usual dhals.

Noorjehani Kofta - Awesome is the only word. We just had it as a starter. But, tempted by the taste I have decided to go for it again as a gravy for chapathi one day.

Exotic Salad (1) - It was so good to taste and to look. I arranged it exactly like yours and it vanished in no time.

I planned for Moghlai Biryani. But, some unexpected works took that off of the menu.

Thanks for this Sumptuous Sunday.

Thanks for being with us.

Love,

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made many of your recipes (repeats) - coriander chutney, 123,venthaya dosai,lapsi curd.... Also made Rich Plum cake yesterday. It came out very well. I forgot about my diet and had a large piece. I am sending some to my friend who had sent me vadakari last week.
    Also made pani pui with storebought puris. Am intending to make the puris too, should try soon.
    Here is the photo of the plum cake-

Attached Files:

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mathu,
    Thanks!! Kara laddu?? Interesting!! No chota bheem for the sweetie pie boy!!tsk
    You can add chocolate chips to any cookie if the boys love it.
    Yes, first time yeast success is thrilling!!
    Love to hear more yeast trials!:)

5. Chitvish

So nice to see you, Oviya with "right-royal" Fbs!!:thumbsup
    I am now wondeing if I have given any dessert with a royal name??:confused2:
    I am very happy to read your happy FBs!!
    Do stay tuned in, Oviya!:)

6. Chitvish

Dear Varloo, special thanks for trying plum cake "off-season"!! :biggrin2:
    Looks very delicious, specially, the pieces!!

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Actually, I wanted to ask you Chithumma, if there was a royal-named dessert in your treasure trove. You said it.

Varloo,

Amazingly delicious; as Chithumma said the pieces are simply superb... Seriously, I want to come over to your place.

Love,

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  8. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made Rajasthani ram kichdi today for lunch. Too good, it is one of my favorites among all the kichdis now, so delicious and creamy. Unbelievable taste! Great combo of spices and roasting the moong dhal gave a great flavour. We had it with papad and curds.:)

For last night's dinner I made onion puli gotsu with arisi upma. Making this gotsu first time, unbelievably jiffy and yummy. and brilliant combo!

Cheers,
    Nithya

9. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Dear C,

I made seppankizhangu roast,clusterbeans porichcha koottu.They were awesome!!Thanks again:thumbsup.Searching for the remaining recipes...

10. Chitvish

Sorry, Vahee, I missed your post :)
    Next time wen you make khara dosai, eat it with jaggery 0- delicious, it is! :drool
    Thanks.