Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Made Onion oothappam and Tomato oothappam this morning....It was very nice... Onion oothappam was excellent.. tomato oothappam got sticked to the tava and it was lil difficult to take without 'pinjufying'...:hide:. But the taste was really good.. Made Mint cocunut chutney for that...

Then Iced tea tasted good and candy sweets were also so tasty... We all gulped it sunday itself... Thank you so much... Please write us how to make the plain iced tea using the ordinary tea.. I really love the ICED tea served in Pizza huts...:drool

I was on leave yesterday.. was feeling so tired and so didnt get time to write you.

The decotion that I put for Cold coffee is still there (I make 4 cups daily...) It was really very tasty. :thumbsup
    And Priya did Bharwan Bhindi and Mint Roti yesterday in the afternoon...Amma was so happy to see Priya getting interested in cooking.... All the credit really goes to you....:bowdown

Thanks ma for everything.... Thank you so much for the wonderful lunch..:thankyou2:. I wanted to write you yesterday itself.. but couldnt...

Love,
    Vidyaa

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma,

Instant FB for rava puli uppuma. Amma used to make rice flour puli upma and for some reason that dish had the nickname 'bandli maavu' amongst us cousins. may be because it was made in vanali and gave that special crust...

I had to cut down oil for our guest so i couldn't make pieces. But he enjoyed it with microwave appalam. is that a good enough side dish?

Holiday, enakka? neenga vera. week-end my SIL was here and we went out a bit too much. So kutty isn't back to his routine. last night he didn't sleep well... so i thought he could take rest. and he wasn't keen at going as well... but still appa packed him off. nalla amma naan;)

Konjam weather improve anaathaan naan bun panna mudiyum. have also bought yeast and walnuts specially to try this.

Latha

3. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Mathashri, I'm here too!!!:)

Yesterday made irupuli kuzhambu with white pumpkin, it was done in a jiffy. And the taste was fabulous. Just enjoyed it to the core. I loved the flavour of methi mixed with the sourness of the dish.
    Also made some simple pepper rasam for DH to soothe his soar throat.

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidyaa,
    Make iced tea the same way as I have given today with regular tea, but preferably with tea bags. Just like coffee has to be strong for cold coffee, tea has to be light!
    Cover the tomato oothappam with chopped tomatoes & cook on the first side. Then pour a tsp oil on it & flip. It will be better. That is what I did when I made mushroom oothappam for you!
    Make Priya also a member. She has to send me FBs - I will not accept yours, on her behalf!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Latha, also please see my recipe for Puli upma (with rice flour). Anything crunchy-munchy goes for it!
    Send your weather across to Chennai. We need respite from the heat badly. Even the evening walk in Marina is roasting me! :-(
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Beti, first thing first. You look absolutely sweet & cute - I saw the photo!
    [​IMG]

For all irupuli kuzambus, try adding 2-3 drumstick pieces. Its' so nioce. Now every week, I buy 2 drumsticks, cut into 2-3" pieces & keep in the veg back. 1 or 2 added to every kuzambu gives a nice flavour!!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Gosh Mathashri, you are flattering me!! :bowdown

8. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

aunty
    will follow ur advice for muffins and will give its feedback soon.aunty can u post the procedure for making veg kababs and paneer tikki with the stewers attachment in MW at ur leisure.my DH loves kababs so want to make them in mw.
    thanks a lot
    love
    priya

9. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

Yesterday i made rasam powder in mixie as per your guidance the rasam is tasting very good. As i am always a lover for rasam i enjoyed it a lot. thankyouma. I made masala dosai and it was tasting good =. I dont have any words to say how my hubby enjoyed it.

10. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made "brain booster" drink today. Whether or not a brain booster, it is certainly a mood booster. Such awesome flavor :)

Cheers,
    Nithya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.