Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varloo, on reading your menu, I wonder if I should have come to your house for lunch! All interesting dishes! :tongue
    BTW, I freeze fresh yeast for upto 2 months.
    Thanks for the nice words.
    I must be careful that all praise does not get into my head!!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam,

Cinnamon roll looks very yummy and mouth watering too. I checked the site half an hour back and there were no new ones and now when I refreshed I found this recipe. You give me tough time in the morning, and tempt me to try nice yummy recipes. ...............Hahahaha just kidding:).

I am soooo tempted to check your recipes list early in the morning sipping hot coffee. Will try this recipe next week and will come back with fb.

Thanks for posting one of my favorite recipe.
    Regards
    Shree.

3. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitrama,
    That was a very interesting description about the wedding Chitrama. Puliku piranthathu poonayaguma?

Made Bottlegouard morekootu for yesterdays lunch and yummy Thayir idlis for dinner. Both the dishes turned out perfect and tatsted delicious.

Cinnamon rolls are looking mouth watering :thumbsup

Love,
    PS

4. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Thanks Chitra Mam,

Suraabi is really suffering. Yes, may be next weekend, after she gets better. Amma is with me here so I get time off. I will convey your regards to Shiva. Ofcourse, I know you must be very busy, I just ran my thoughts after meeting you in the PM and do not expect a reply at all.. I still have the taste of the chocolates in my mouth and eagerly waiting for the recipes. Meanwhile, today I made the rest of the Hot cross buns for tea and have no left overs already. The cinnamon rolls are soo tempting to see.. Thats next on my list, defintely.

I have always told Shiva, even before Suraabi was born that I want to be a perfect Mom like Chitraamma in IL forum ( Definetly no Muhasthuthi.. Im very bad at it, just conveying my true thoughts).. not only because of the recipes, but because of the values you behold and share, how you have written about them in your profile and the way you instill confidence to cooking novices like me, in a very soothing kind of way, not at all authoritative because of the knowledge you hold, etc etc.. Now Shiva is all the more convinced about what I have told him about you, after meeting you and is all encouragement to raise Suraabi in this way. Thanu's wedding is ample proof of the perfect way to raise children and also I think it needs a lot of confidence in someone to stand off and let things happen, without even having the urge to interfere. Hats off you Mam. You must be a real proud mother. It has been a long post and time to wind off.

Thanks for your time,

Love
    Shyamala

5. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Mrs.C,

Wonderful planning by your daughter and I should say meticulousness runs in the family. It only gets better with passage of time and improvement in technology. Very nice to read the wedding details.

Radha

6. Chitvish

Thanks, Shree. The recipe was small; but attaching 14 photos was so time-consuming. I do hope you will all make me feel, it was worth the trouble! :)
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Shyamala & Hamsadhwani,
    Thaks for your appreciative words!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    you are most welcome, am just waiting for your visit!
    I did not know that yeast could be frozen so long, next time I shall buy more and freeze.

9. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear N,
    Thanks a lot for posting the wedding details.I enjoyed reading it.I can imagine,how much of hard work everyone has put in and the end result was surely great.Now,I am craving for kalyana sapadu :).I am also happy that things have changed then what it used to be during my times...mineral water,tissue paper, and maplai ayapu is scrapped? My cousin had a similar wedding too..no maplai ayapu and instead mehendi ceremony..bollywood dances etc...looks like SI wedding is in for a big transformation.
    What I liked best is that the grooms side didn't want the typical bakshanams? It is better not to have those oily stuff and instead chose something tasty and healthy like chikki.
    Thanks once again for posting the wedding details for us.We ILites crave to hear all this from you.Very sweet of you to post it for us.
    Now,for my Fb.

I made Kashmiri roti.Very tasty.It is supposed to be made like Paratha right..shallow fry in oil?
    Also made salad of macaroni,boiled peanut and pieces of kiwi.Yummy !!!
    Tomato dosai with onion chutney.we don't get small onion here,so had to make do with big onion.

10. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made kuzhi paniyaram and onion-tomato chutney for evening snacks. It was too good. I love kuzhi paniyaram and tried it at home first time. The combo was super, made for each other :) We hogged on it so much that we skipped dinner!!

Cheers,
    Nithya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.