Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

I'm very glad Geetha asked about the wedding itself and thank you for sharing the details in detail with us:) enakku ore bramippa irukku. Hats off to Ruby for a marvelous event management. I can imagine your pride as a mother. Was the k.patti also present? Next time i come to Chennai i'll allocate extra time to see the wedding album.

Today we went out to a lake nearby. Long day so jiffy lapsi b.bath came very handy for dinner. Actually i haven't yet made the jiffy sambar powder but had cooked tuar dhal ready. So added that, regular sambar powder and 1/2 tsp of vangi bath powder too. The taste was excellent. We had microwaved appalam and cucumber raitha as sides. Breakfast was jasmine idlis with p.kadalai chutney. Neenga illama idhellam enakku saathiyame illai:bowdown

Latha

2. siva_sundari

siva_sundari New IL'ite

hello ma,
    today morn bf was lapsi adai...it turned out v tasty...going to be a repeat ...as latha says i din't think i would cook varieties after mariage...all thanks to you...

love,
    sivagmi

ps: latha we seem to be trying dishes together..(telepathy, eh?)first it was dill pulav and now a dish with lapsi..

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Archu,
    Sure & thanks :)
    Hats off to Varloo - already she is great at baking. Mine was just the recipe part! :biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Thanks, Nithya. That I was missed, makes me, swell my ego - can't help admitting.:biggrin2:
    I never buy roasted rava because I believe in re-roasting it again. Upma, idli are our basic recipes which must turn out perfect!
    I am formulating a new combo for kurma - ate it at a friend's place! :tongue
    Makai ka dhokla has had very few takers & if I remember right, your cousin sent the first FB! :)
    Do try a sweet like burfi, halwa etc & send me a FB!:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Beti, highly imaginative & I love the way, you have patented it too, smart that you are! :-D
    Veg omelette is a very nice dish but has had just few takers! :-(
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Sivagami, now I am sad that you will be missing a Chennai wedding! The price you have to pay for being a NRI!
    Not only tissue rolls and paper towels, mineral water bottles are given to every individual plate. We are progressing in the right way!
    I first started paper rolls for Ruby's wedding! :)
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Latha, thanks. K patti did not attend because of health limitations. So you took a rice & a lapsi dish - good balance!
    Latha, Chithra illatta, oru Chandra would have come to this forum!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Siva, lapsi is catching up with everybody! Way to go, with health priorities!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made jiffy morkuzhambu for myself and regular one for others, with paruppu urundai and rasavadai, chepankizhangu roast, one whistle keerai. Vadai was prepared in a jiffy with your excellent tips and FP.
    Also planning to make doughnuts as the oven is not working and have fresh yeast in hand. Could not plan any thing else - fil's masiyam etc. today and tomorrow and mil's shrardham is on Tuesday.
    Like Traveller said, it is so interesting to read your posts on anything and everything. I felt so moved when I read about the wedding preparations by Ruby. She could not be otherwise, being your daughter. And both your GDs would be like their mother and GM, no doubt.

10. gvi

gvi Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra

I am really honored that you explained in the detail about Thanu's wedding at my request. It was a suprise for me to see your reply that too a detailed one. You are really sweet
    Wow the details of the wedding are amazing
    I am not aware of the theme concept in our SI marriages.
    The invite is really cute. The way Ruby planned the wedding
    is something I cannot stop wondering. Is she working as an event planner.
    Such meticulous detail. Wow. That's the only word I could say.
    I think I could learn few details about organizing and planning and stuff
    from Ruby and from you. The way you reply to all the queries without
    skimping the details and the step by step thread are not just
    threads. It shows the dedication that goes beyond it

No wonder Ruby has pulled off a successfull wedding as she is your daughter.
    That one word summarizes it all

Sorry for the delay in replying. When I clicked on reply, IL kept hanging and it was painfully slow

Thanks again
    Geetha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.