Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    got a set of adai from neighbour, all uncooked. So made them today from shop bought processed flour. Came out super, 2 1/4 cup water per cup was right for this flour. Just completed making them. Also today's lunch was sevai+morkuzhambu+papadam.....yum yum yum. Altogether holiday chappadu. Menu looks simple but lots of work for this menu.You have posted the perfect recipes with S-B-S photos for posterity.... how can we all thank you enough!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitrama,
    Thanks a ton for the dhokla tips, promptly noted it down.
    Today made Oats pongal for lunch and was very very tasty and now this dish too has become a regular in my home :))
    Love,
    PS

3. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made peas dhokla for dinner yday. I was planning to make it for breakfast one of these days, but Chander has a masakkai of sorts!! :D Awesome it was. The ginger chilli paste adds a super flavor, and it was out of the world. Great idea to make dhokla with peas, terrific.

Usually we get chinna vengayam only in the Indian store quite far away from my place, but yday all of a sudden, it was available in the local store here! Wonder where it came from, we were so surprised and thrilled. So today for breakfast it was chinna vengaya oothappam :D I am a great fan of this dish from murugan idli kadai, and it was too good. I made Bombay Chutney to go with it. Bombay chutney was super cool, jiffy and yummy. I have never made it before, I think I will do regularly from now on. All the time I thought it was a chutney, dint know it was like a gravy :)

Still in the hangover of the CV happiness, I made CVVK for lunch. Take a bow, it is the best VK I have had in a long long time! I usually do VK only with peanuts, appalam etc. CV is reserved for vengaya sambhar always. Today decided to give CVVK a shot. It is awesome that its a pressue pan recipe, and so jiffy. I generally run out of patience waiting for the podi vasanai to go, in the open pan cooking. But with a cooker it was so easy! The flavour was simply out of the world. Have never so far tried your method of adding tomato pulp to sambhar, today got to see its effect in the VK. It gave an amazing consistency to the dish. I have hogged so much of rice with VK and curd rice with Vk!!!

Cheers,
    Nithya

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

More smoothie abuse!!

Hi Mrs.C,

Today, came up with black berry smoothie adding banana & apple; we adults liked it, but my kids were little bit showing face. Still, smoothie has become a part of our food, all becoz of A motivating Lady which is you!!

Thanks and take care..

Rama.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Pramadam FB, Pragadha! Though these recipes are simple. I think, we are more scared about the results & perhaps do something wrong!!
    Good luck with your Preethi! As the advt says, I have given you the guarantee. So use it in the best way!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Re: Nombu aacha??

Yes, Rama, this year Malspie was with me for the nombu!! Please see her photo in the thread Faces behind the names.
    I add grated coconut (though I love finely chopped ones) because Vish does not prefer the latter at all! Stree dharmam, Rama, specially on the nombu occasion - ha ha ha!!
    I do hope NRIs read your last line!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Nice to see you here!!
    Yes, we do attach importance to this nombu a lot!!
    I use the flour sifter for chappathis & always fill it up only with maida!!
    Thanks HD.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Your adais look soft & fluffy, Sowms!!
    FYI, my DIL's mother adds only whole green moong & another friend, moong dhal! They never use karamani!!
    Thanks for the lovely photo.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Re: happy nombu

Your adais look soft & fluffy, Sowms!!
    FYI, my DIL's mother adds only whole green moong & another friend, moong dhal! They never use karamani!!
    Thanks for the lovely photo.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Re: I am invited fro Thanu's wedding....

Dear Archu,
    So now I know how to make you work in the kitchen!! Lovely upma. With such an enthusiastic athai, you should grab opportunities whenever you visit her!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.