Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,
    You have overwhelmed me with your loving words! Thanks!!
    Yes, bajra dosai comes wafer thin with minimum oil!
    Do try from the same family - ragi dosai, atta dosai also. I love Bombay Chutney, but very rarely make it since V dos not eat it!
    Love,
    Chithra

2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Wow that's a great news...! Congratulations and best wishes to Thanu and Ajit. So, grandma becoming grand-mil - I can see how excited you are.... My best(est) wishes to you and your family on this happy occassion. The chocolate cakes were absolutely delicious - virtually grabbed my share from the monitor :) Many thanks for the invitation C - we might come to Chennai in March, too bad that is quite far from June.

Its FB time now -

I had a friend at short notice for tea on friday. We inagurated the appakaral amma brought for me with besan kara appam. It was a spongy and tasty appam made in a jiffy...!

I guess I am the last to give you FB on mukkala pappu and kovakkai sadam - both were simple and out of the world recipes.

Yesterday, made white pumpkin soup and was a very soothing evening drink in this cold weather. Appa was so impressed that our humble pumpkin can taste this good. My son demanded yellow macaroni( that he remembered from the noodles-tomato soup ) and waited until I added some cooked noodles in the soup and then started asking why the soup is not red bonk. But, then he had a few spoons and melted my heart saying - thank you amma, it is yummy( like an ad )...!

Many thanks for all your simple, fool proof recipes that makes novices great chefs...!

-Gayathri.

3. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mam.

heres my first fb for oats bisibela bath........simply superb...we enjoyed it very much....we were not able to make that it is with oats.......very lovely and innovative idea of urs.....

many many thanks

Regards,
    Spandhana

4. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

5. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    Believe me, I was waiting for you to come here!! Thanks. Do come home in March - I would love to meet you, G!
    Thanks for all the FBs. I am very happy that your parents are enjoying their stay with you, food cooked by you etc! Children come out with beautiful appreciation & charm us unexpectedly!!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  6. Chitvish

Great, S ! You kept up your promise ! Next I want to try Poha bisibela!!
    Thanks for the most prompt FB!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,

I'm very happy to hear the good news about the wedding. Peyar porutham super. Sorry for not being regular, but it did not stop me trying new recipes. I made mukkula pappu, 5 in 1 payasam,bournivita burfi,date balls,badam cake,pepper poha and usual fares like rawa upma, semiya upma etc.

I will upload the pictures soon.

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear latha

I made beans paruppu usili the traditonal way yaar...Probably we can request our Legend CV to post it in her style !!!

lov
    sowmi

9. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Here is another Oats Bisibelabath feedback!
    Very tasty and delicious. Best of all, no rice BB. A nice change from the usual.
    Thankyou
    Regards,
    Deepa

10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi chith,
    just had mint rasam for lunch now with vendaikkai kari.mmmmmmmmmmmm it was simply delicious.superb taste:thumbsup.we were lucky since in our house we get home grown mint so the taste was double super.:)
    thanks for a lovely recipe.
    luv
    pavi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.