Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,
    Thanks for your "once in a way" visit here !
    Vegetables like ladies' finger, brinjal do let out water when deep fried making noise - but mushroom creates a "racket" when deepfried ! It is safer to keep a slightly big kadai when deepfrying such vegetables.
    Assure Jey, the water does not leave the veggie completely . You can see it in the taste, when the veggie is soft after deep frying. Otherwise it would be leathery, devoid of water completely !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear C,

Thanks for the response. I will make sure I visit here frequently. Only thing is these days I find very little time to try out anything new, hence "once in a way visit" to post feedback.

You should believe me when I say there are few of your recipes that I have mastered (I mean the ingredients and the making) and keep making them in regular intervals.

Regards,
    Malathy

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    your success is that you have made even youngsters like MeenaNeelakantan and now Swethakrishnan cook. Hats off to you:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff.
    Even people like me, who had been cooking for some time, find your instructions to the T and are able to make great hits of all that we make (earlier all that used to be vaachan pochan). Great going! Your efforts are worth thousand times.
    And true, as and when you get the FB, you get more motivated.

Dear Swetha,
    good, good, keep going! I should give you equal credit:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff.

4. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made vegetarian omlette today for breakfast. Apart from maida and besan, I also tossed in some oats and the taste was great. Made peanut chutney to go with it, we all liked it.

These days I am adding oats to almost everything! Couple of days back my semia upma became a little watery, and I added some oats to set it right. And the result was very good.

Regards,
    Nithya

5. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi swetha,

hats off to u!!! Try more recipes.

Mrs chitra has made even young generation cook.

how old are u?

prabha

6. Chitvish

Dear Nithya,
    Too good a FB !
    You are very innovative! I have just started adding oats to soups, for thickening !
    My friend teases me that the Indian Manufacturer of oats, must pay me royalty !!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Mami

:banana:banana:bananaI got the oats idli right this time....I realized that it was the excess amount of water that spoiled my idli the last time....

Personally, I still love oats upma and oats dosai more than oats idli....

Anyway :bowdown for teaching me so much.

I have become now very confident and familiar with making Asoka Halwa...I made it again last evening....

Being sweet lovers, we used to always have stock of sweets bought from the shops...now it is the stock of sugar and ghee that I m piling up at home:queen...

bye

8. Chitvish

Dear Saraswathi,
    So, you are a sweet-toothed one like me? Please try confidently more halwas. Most of them are very simple.
    For idli, always, the dough consistency makes all the difference. Getting it right is more important than your liking it !!
    Thanks for the FB.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitra Aunty

My paati is a modern day grandmother! Very Yo type!!!

I have dance class today, so no time to cook dinner tonight. Shall make sumthing again tomorrow n let u know how it was. I'm making best use of my semester break! I am sure that if I blindly follow ur recipe, it will turn out great!

btw ... I was playing an NRI's v/s RI's game ... n we NRI's won! Thats how I reached so many posts!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  10. Chitvish

Dear Sweth,
    So, your patti is "my type" ?;-)
    When your posts increase by leaps & bounds, I guessed the "reason" ! I am right.:mrgreen:
    Enjoy yourself in IL.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.