Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

FB on Ennai Katharikai kuzhambu

Dear Mrs C,
    Made EKK for dinner yesterday. I was not sure if chappathi would go well along with it.But gave it a try. To my surprise it tasted very good and made a good combo.Thanks for the recipe. We all enjoyed it.

Made MW semiya upma for breakfast today.It was very tasty in fact better than stovetop cooking.I added corn instead of usual onions.Simple and tasty is all I can say.Thanks for your wonderful contributions.

Love,

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

I knew it, Mrs.C!!!

Somehow sensed our(NJ) flavor in that rasam and was wondering!!!! Now, have got the answer..

Thanks n Rgds.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vidya !

May be frying for a few more secs would have helped, not even one full mte !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Hello Anjana !

Thankyou for the FB.
    In the same way try bombay rawa upma also - it is very nice.
    Corn is my personal choice for any upma !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

You are too smart, Ami !

OK, now a quiz for you !
    I have given 2 other recipes already which I learnt in NJ ! From unga ooru flavour, find them out & write to me !!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Fantastic feedback

Dear Mrs Chithra,

Over the last few days, have been impressing my mom with your delightful recipes. And in that series made spectaculat tirattipal, semiya upma, wheat halwa by micro wave, Jain veg bhjai, rice idli (my mom was awed), rava idli, veg biriyani. Every dish was a success thanks to your fail proof recipes.

One thing I realised, earlier when I got a new recipe, there would be an apprehension to try it out, especially if it used groceries that we do not get easily here.But now with your recipes, since success is guaranteed, I don't have those fears anymore.

Today, I hope to make Kancheepuram idli with regualr idli stand. Also my mother is making mini smaosa by your recipe. She is good at folding and shaping than me (of course, she shaped me, ha!ha!ha!)!

Okay, will stop now.

love
    Vidya

7. Chitvish

More than my recipes, your feedback is fantastic !

I am happy to note that my regulars, if absent for a spell, post feedback for recipes tried in a week or ten days, making a long list!
    Having shaped you up to be a beautiful peson, shaping cutlet is " miniscule of peanuts" for your mom.
    Try to steam Kanchipuram idli in a round cake tin like dabba, to get the aunthetic feeling !
    My special regards to your mom.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

feedback neram..

Dear Chitra ma'am
    I've really been a "busy bee" the whole of this week trying out your recipes and I am very proud to say so too cos all dishes turned out awesome.
    Here's my list..
    1.Avial: the colour,taste and texture was amazing ..(75% carrot).I substituted the 25% coconut with tofu.
    2.sweet vathal kuzhambu:too good.We loved it.
    3.MW mango thokku:My hubby loved it.This is the first time I am preparing a pickle on my own after marriage.It's your recipe that gave me the confidence to try .
    4. curryleaves podi:Excellent taste.I am hogging it.The addition of manathakkali and chundakkai vathals really enhances the taste.
    5.Cluster beans cutlet:Very different from the usual ones and tastes unique.

More feedback will follow soon.
    Regards
    Honeybee

9. Chitvish

Oh, Honey Bee !

Your feed back is also dripping with "honey" like your user id ( name ennavo? )
    Thankyou very much.
    Love & regards,
    chithra.

10. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Disaster

Hi Chitra,
    I tried making Vella aval today. I followed you recipe except that I used thin poha as I dint have thick ones.. results---ended up making aval kesari or koozhu ..woteva that is I dont know.. taste it good but texture is like mashed potato..sigh...my husband likes this a lot and thought I will give hima plesant surprise..turned out to be a shock rather....where do you think I could have gone wrong? and how long shud i soak the poha for? I dint soak for a long time, as soon s the syrup was ready i trasnferred it to it..by then it had become like a paste..please let me know!

Can you please post some recipes with thin poha.. I dont know what to do with it!!!

I also made poricha rasam, navarathna paruppu usili, palak paneer and aloo paratha!
    Going to make Masala Paratha with Jain Kurma...I dont have melon seeds? Shall I omit it? or should I sub it with something else? Please let me know.

regards,
    laks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.