Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Thoughtful, Nov 10, 2023.
For context, from the earlier map, the small green strip in the left bottom is the gaza strip
Washing in polluted seawater, sleeping in packed tents, eating what little bread they can find, or on some days none at all. In southern Gaza, hundreds of thousands of refugees are in the midst of a humanitarian crisis that is deepening by the hour and pushing every possible safety net to the brink.
The refugees are coming from Gaza's north, fleeing Israel's bombing campaign. They stream down the Salah al-Din road, which connects north to south, many thousands on foot, some with a few possessions but most bearing only their children and the clothes on their backs.
In Gaza, fleeing refugees face hunger and disease: 'We are in the Dark Ages’
Respect to Ro Khanna for calling for ceasefire and also saying that a Palestine civilian life is as valuable as Israel civilian life
Ro Khanna calls for 'lasting ceasefire' in war between Israel and Hamas
Traders short-selling ahead of and in anticipation of Oct 7 attacks to make money. Looks like lot of israelis we're waiting for this. It is priceless
Israel probes claims share traders knew of Hamas attack in advance
CNNs, FOX, NBCs et.all won't cover any of this. Have to dig into international media to get these information out. Long live American misinformation media
Israeli settler violence brings destruction and fear to West Bank as war rages
Actually most of us have the following in mind these days:
1) Will we find someone who can stay alive till the end of the presidential term?
2) Can they spell correctly? I can’t take four years of covfefe.
3) Will this geezer remember the names of existing senators or will he invoke the dead?
The bar is that low here.
All else, third world war, geopolitics, Supreme Court, abortion have all left the equation.
Have a good day!
As you said rightly @Laks09, the bar is too low now and I am concerned about the normal things I assumed as granted:
1) Will the next President conduct elections in future?
2) Will he do a peaceful transfer of power after the second term?
3) Will he use military and invoke insurrection law to destroy peaceful demonstrations?
4) Will the Senate and House stand up against the President for the rule of law?
5) Will the President pardon himself and all others indicted for violating the laws with reference to election?
6) Will the President allow Judiciary to function independently?
7) Will the President suspend the Constitution and decide not to take oath as the President?
8) Will the President use Department of Justice to go after the opposition party?
I read the world news yesterday after a really long time.
I was shocked to read the horrific attack on women by the Hamas on October 7. Specifically, the article by BBC shared graphic details of how women (from young children to teenagers and even pensioners) were weaponized. Even as someone not involved in daily news reading, I was nauseated to the core and couldnt sleep yesterday night.
No one is born a terrorist. Most of us have wives, sisters and mothers. Yet this unspeakable act by Hamas questions the very core of humanity itself.
The world sympathizes yet doesnt unite and obleritate Hamas even after their inhuman act.
I feel very, very, very sad to exist in today's world where women are used like this in war.
Hamas raped and mutilated women on 7 October, BBC hears - BBC News
I dint post the link earlier because it was just too graphic.
Caveat: Please open and read at your own risk.