Children make their parents and grandparents proud

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Aug 9, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

When children grow up to the expectation of their parents and do well everywhere, studies, sports , extra curricular activities the parents are proud.

But children doing well is not only their effort and their parents effort but the grandparents, especially the credit goes to the grandmother because she only looks after them if the mother is a working woman.

Grandmother from childhood reaches them in school and if they take part in extra curricular activities like Dance, music , the grandmothers only take them there when they are children. As theygrow up they go alone. Children till the age of 8 or 9 years need the elders support . If they get full support then they shine in everything.

Today I had gone for Arangetram of my Office friend's daughter. The parents were so proud to see her Arangetram and the grandparents too. They even mentioned in the Stage that it was the grandmother who used to bring them to dance class. The grandmother must have been so proud.

When my daughters were young we had also put them in dance class and music class but due to some unavoidable circumstances they could not continue to go to classes.

So sitting there I was just thinking that God should give me strength to live for some more years so that when my grandchildren come I can take care of them and whatever wishes I could not fulfill for mychidren should fulfill those wishes for my grandchildren. As days are moving I am feeling tired and strength is also lessening. I only pray to God to give me healthy life in the future years.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009

2. ankitkaran

ankitkaran Bronze IL'ite

Very true Viji Madam. Most of us are taken care by our grandmothers or grandfathers. Unfortunately we did not have our grandparents to take care of us and would meet them for a week in holidays and we did miss them and used to feel jealous of our cousins who had their grandparents to take care of them. My elder son was with my mom and she has guided and taken care of him till 5th and later he joined us. Now he is with my in laws from 8th and are taking care of him and vice versa. I am happy at least he has got the love, care and guidance from them. But my younger one who is in 4th has now my dad to take care and guide him.

I only can thank them for all their support, love and care they shower on us and our kids.

Kiran

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ankit

Thanks for your first fb. Glad to know that your son was taken care in the beginning by your parents and later by your in laws. Thanks for sharing your experience.

love
    viji

quote=ankitkaran;805672]Very true Viji Madam. Most of us are taken care by our grandmothers or grandfathers. Unfortunately we did not have our grandparents to take care of us and would meet them for a week in holidays and we did miss them and used to feel jealous of our cousins who had their grandparents to take care of them. My elder son was with my mom and she has guided and taken care of him till 5th and later he joined us. Now he is with my in laws from 8th and are taking care of him and vice versa. I am happy at least he has got the love, care and guidance from them. But my younger one who is in 4th has now my dad to take care and guide him.

I only can thank them for all their support, love and care they shower on us and our kids.

Kiran[/quote]