1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

child sexual abusement

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Padmash, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Padma,
    Thanks for bringing out this useful info. This is topic was in my mind for a long time, Everyday when I read the newspaper I come across at least one such news!
    It's not only pathetic but also disgusting to know about such happenings. well, I want to share with u all about my friend who was
    was sexually abused ( when she was 6 or 7yrs old) in other words, several time she underwent child molestation.Even though, now she is married & well settled but the fear within her is still there.
    The trauma & the pain is still fresh in her mind. Whenever I talk to her, she breaks down in to tears...to tell u all openly, she is also afraid & not interested to have normal sexual life with her partner.
    this has become a psychological problem. Some kids , when they grew up they forget...whereas for some , they're still mentally disturbed.
    I request all the IL parents to read this Post 'child sexual abusement '
    sent by Padma. in order to prevent such happenings parents should spend 'quality time' with their children in order to know them better.

2. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

hi padma,

Ur article is really helpful .
    Thanks for sharing this valuable article.

bye,

Padma.

1 person likes this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Only the day before yesterday, the front page news was, "a drunkard father tried to rape his teen age daughter and his teen age son and cousin strangled him to death." a father who is to protect the child, behaves like this where from the child will expect protection? It is very pathetic and shocking to read these kind of news. Have we ever heard of a widowed mother trying to molest his teen age son to fulfil her sexual need?
    Pushpavalli

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Padma,

Its really a good post for parents and would be parents. The society has gone so down that we can't even trust anybody in our family. Its so good to know abt all this but still in rural India, these sexual harassment still exist, can we do something to protect our young buds?
    Thanks for this post.
    Meeta

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Meeta,

i feel child sexual abusement was not earlier as we have now. now we can't leave children with most trusted educated relative. these things are more now a days and reason are many educated people only. even u can't trust ur closest friend when comes child safety specially girl child they are not at all safe in any hands.. only we can do educate kids what to do and how to response for unnatural behavior.

bye
    padma

6. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi meeta/padma,

Sorry to interrupt, I feel there're many ways & place for such thing to happen.
    Esp... during weddings & other social gathering or function... the adults are deeply engrossed in chatting /meeting people...!
    [SIZE=+0] But the kids are not given proper attention....& many have become a victim to it! [/SIZE]
    " Monsoon wedding' is an excellent movie that reflects such reality!
    when I saw that movie...I was emotionally chocked!:cry:

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I can that you are cent percent correct. I had seen Mansoon Wedding and also, have heard this kind of petty things from my frds. People tries these kind of behavior with the small kids irrespective of the gender even at schools. I have a cousin brother, who is really very good looking rather cute I should say. In his childhood days he used to learn Still Painting from an Art school and once when he visited me requested me to ask his father not to send him to the Art School. When I asked that child for the reason, he told me that our Painting teacher used to rub his beardy face on his cheek, I was really shocked to hear this. Asked my little brother not to worry and I told my uncle these things and he did all the rest.
    There are plenty of these kind of things I had heard from all my frds and relatives, but the worst part is that nobody from them ever complained abt these things to their parents, now think abt the bitter consequences, they still hate those persons and literally hate them from the core of their heart.
    Anyways, at least I can do my part by educating the kids in my vicinity regarding sexual abusement issues.
    Thank again to Padma and Anu.
    :wave

2 people like this.
  8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Child Sexual abusement is very common in the world but very rarely discussed. Children who do not share a great rapport with their parents live with the abuse and it definitely effects their personality.

I was around four to five years old and my uncle would often visit my place. I was a loner as a child and was all to myself. This uncle one day showed his "%" to me and told me it is his digestive handle.Food gets digested with that handle. I remember touching that handle and even asked him why i do not have that handle. He told me as I grow older I will also have such a handle to digest food. I took it as part of information and let it go.

In my second standard the teacher put up a chart of digestive system on the board and explained to us the Alimentary Canal. At that point of time it struck me that there was no mention of any digestive handle on the chart.

I explained to my mother about the missing handle. She was shocked and asked me from where did I learn this. I told her about that one incident. My mom was furious and I do not remember how she handled the whole issue, but, explained to me clearly what it actually was.

Later, whenever i spot that uncle in any get to gethers, marriages or parties I keep a distance. I never raise any conversation with him. His wife and children are very close to me.

Since I kept a distance from him, he would always keep names for me. He would tell everyone that i may be involved with a muslim or christian and thats the reason I am not getting married. He would induce fights by
    passing one liners. It never bothered me.

As we grew up i told his elder daughter about that incident. She hated her father.

My friends uncle use to hug her around her just blooming breasts when she was a kid. He would also have his fun. Atleast I told my mom, she never told anybody as she was very frightened of her parents. This continued for sometime. Later, she started avoiding him whenever he is at home.

Sexual abuse need not always be from a stranger, it could come from your own relatives too... I have been bold enough to admit so that anyone who has sufffered can come out in the open. Its no shame. You have not done anything but exposed a dirty character in public...

9. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

HI Mals,:cry:
    I was really very angry to read ur post..why do :bangcomp: some males have only one aim in life..are they not non-humans who have only sex on their mind

BTW wot does the boo? mean alongwith ur signature

10. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

Hi Padma,
    happened to read ur post today,...hope ur fine..
    wot was the source of ur post ...ur post was very comprehensive...thanx

there should be a sex education lecture as soon as a child starts attending school...ya..the level should be suited to the child...I am sure each time a can of worms..stinky worms will open each time.