1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Child`s L2 visa query-need help urgently!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Pontu, May 18, 2011.

1. Pontu

Pontu New IL'ite

Dear friends,

Please help by pouring in your suggestions based on your knowledge and experience on the following situation.

We r living in the US. We came here in the end of December, 2010. We all had our US visas issued at the US embassy in europe (we r Indian citizens) and it is valid for 2 years (till nov. 2012). My dh is on L1 and me and kids on L2.
    My younger kids L2 visa is also valid for 2 years, till November 2012. However, her passport was valid only till 19 Feb, 2011 and so at the time of entry into the US(at the airport) the piece of paper that is attached to the passport(I-94) has 19 Feb, 2011 written as the expiration date of her L2 visa. I applied for a new passport for her and received it also...old passport expired on Feb.19,2011 and new passport`s issue date is Feb.22, 2011(do u think this is a problem?).
    We might be going to India for an important family event this summer and I am very worried abt my kids L2 visa situation and our return journey...will it cause any problem in my kid`s re-entry to the US? How can I fix this situation so I can relax and go on my trip...whom should I contact and ask?
    Please help!!!
    Thank You.

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Im pretty much in the same situation where my I-94 expiry date is the same as passport expiry date(some time in Aug,2011). I did get my passport renewed in feb and have now filed a new petition thru my husbands employer. The only way to get a new I-94 is either by filing a new petition or travelling out of the country and getting a new I-94 issued on entry. However, it is not legal to stay in the US with an expired I-94. You might want to atleast apply for I-94 extn thru ur DH's company...will help dealing with it with the company's attorney.