1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child:Is it required?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gooseberry, Mar 18, 2010.

1. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

children are not break, they are a life time commitment. A vacation is a break. Not kids. I too feel, having kids is a huge responsibility and its absolutely ok to not have them. Thats why I have stopped with one kid. One is great, 2 is took much for me to handle. Although friends and family insist i have another. I just will not. I need some me time.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

My thought on this ...If you are well prepared and have done planning to atleast some extent on what you want to do for kids, how much and to what extent and how you want to raise your kids....then it wont be like a HUGE burden or hurdle in our life/marriage. Moreover most of the cases it turns out to be a hurdle and huge responsibility when only one of the spouse raises them and the other totally ignores sharing this responsibility. but when both the wife and husband go hand in hand to nurture and raise kids, its a wonderful experience.

YES kids are a responsibility! because we are going to give birth to a life and guide that life on the right path (as to what we beleive in) so unless we are ready for this responsibility we shouldnt give birth to a new life.(not only applies to a woman, also applies to man...)

Coming to whether to have kids or not...its individual choice. Isnt marriage a responsibility? because with marriage not only you have to stop thinking about ME time and start thinking about US i.e you and your husband. the same thing goes for kids too.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

That is a misconception, grihasta. This maybe true to some extent in the US but in UK and Europe, kids stay with their parents much longer than that. It is not uncommon to see unmarried kids staying with mum and dad till mid 20s. Housing is very expensive here so even if the kids earn money, they stay with the parents in most cases till they can afford to buy or rent a place of their own.

4. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

Above is from my own OP. I guess, direct result of my frustration on what happened this morning. :)
    No matter how much I try to remain planned and assign kids things they need to do on their own, life seems to be rolling smoothly but sometimes all of a sudden, everything seems to be just thrown off and life suddenly becomes so unpredictable. :drowning

5. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Its understandable, you are much much better in feeling that way at least in your heart, compared to parents who in frustration , hit kids, call them a curse, ask them to die, vanish, and so many other Kind words they shower

I do understand where you came from. take it easy today

6. Induvadana

Induvadana New IL'ite

I think , enjoying and bringing up children is the most creative aspect of my life. It takes a lot of good qualities like patience, creativity, spontaneity, strong character, good judgement and ability to love someone more than yourself uncoditionally. Some I had a little of them before kids but I developed most in the process of bringing up kids. I am doing well at work, but work brings out only part of you. When I am with my kids (or DH) I am as a whole being. In developing my kids , I have developed myself so much.

Evereything that has upside has downsideand too. Yes, sometimes I too want time away from them and thankfully I get it when I go to work or shopping.
    Life is unpredictable with or without kids. no one can plan everything, but that is the fun part. that's where your creativity comes in. I don't think my life would have been any better without kids. I thought well before going for kids and knew that I wanted two, a girl and a boy. That is what I have and am happy.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Who said child raising was an easy task:biglaugh:crazy!!!!???? every parent you, me, our parents, their parents might have thought the same andhad the same feelings when raising kids...its always challenging and energy draining!!! not all the time..but sometimes its quite crazyyy!!!

chill happens all the time..so just laugh it off:crazy

8. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

There is a saying “Those who are in wants to get out and those who are out wants to get in” enjoy our single status now.

in – “Married / Married with kids”

9. momusa

momusa New IL'ite

Hi
    I believe kids are a lot of work but they are the glue that holds marriages.
    It is not required but they are something common that both partner loves and will never give up.

They give us new hope in life -atleast thats what I feel.

10. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

GiJoe, this is true :cheers I never thought about Children....First of all, I want to get married and spend more time with my future DH. Then we will take up the toughest test... and for sure I will have one. :wink:

Rosegirl, I agree with you...its a life time commitment. Everyone here talk about Children as a huge responsibility. Balancing the love life with the new one is a challenging task and thats why it is sometimes burdening. Even then, Children make life beautiful. :)