1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child Beggers-The forgotten angels.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Yashikushi, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Before proceeding just have look a on the photographs.....doing some IE search for my photoshop work,came across these..unable to move my eyes on..pathetic....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Despite the much-vaunted decades of seven per cent economic growth, and the rise of a middle class, this is the ''dark side", of Indian poverty.
    Using children for begging?....Child beggers?....sorry to use that word...but am forced to...feel very sad about this malaise....

...the handicapped boys and girls highlighting their physical inability as an excuse for begging; the children in rags asking for money to buy food; the small girl not enough to carry an infant ostensibly begging on behalf of the child.....Most of us may have the experience of these visuals and heard their desperate voices - at traffic lights, outside the cinemas,public gardens railway stations.bus stands ,religious places or any other place; you name it and they are there.

......Highly organised mafia groups and clearly 75 percent of the family members train these children to gain your sympathy and extract the maximum out of you....mafia gangs are deliberately crippling children for profit ..The real Slumdog Millionaires.....

....The street is their school. They have their daily lessons on the streets.
    They learn to survive here. They learn to go hungry for hours, they learn to
    eat whatever is shoved toward them, and they learn to take risks by jumping
    signals, running after cars.....

.....They learn the art of communication, the art of convincing, the art of
    negotiation, the art of telling lies, they master different facial
    expressions, they learn to pretend, they learn to cope with danger and they
    learn to protect and fend for themselves. In spite of all the hardships
    that they face, they also learn to catch some lighter moments with other
    fellow children.This is their daunting and frightful childhood.If this is their childhood, one can imagine what they would become as adults. The victims of the past would become perpetrators of the future.....

.....Every day, more and more children enter the business of begging....The more we see them, the more we have to think,as more and more children are being denied their basic rights – the right to survival - to life, health,nutrition, name and nationality, the right to development - to education,care, leisure, recreation, the right to protection - from exploitation,abuse, neglect and the right to participation - to expression, information,thought and religion.....

Watching the miserable face tapping on your car and looking towards you with hope and fear leaves you filled with guilt. You just cannot ignore these faces. But I agree giving alms to these people will aggravate the problem rather than solving it.Giving alms which you and I provide, is the contributing factor of encouragement,

......So many laws are there...Begging at a public place is a crime under the Bombay Prevention of Begging Act, 1959, which was applied to Delhi too, in 1961....Traffic police has issued a notification according to which giving alms to beggars at traffic lights is a crime...... Kidnapping / maiming a child for the purpose of begging is also punishable under Section 363A of the said Act......Both the Central and state governments have constructed too many plans to protect them from the evil... Actually there are so many things which can be done or which are already being practised, but the question is their effectiveness....becose of corruption all efforts becomes futile....

BITTER ARE the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
    Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
    Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
    Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.- Pamela Glenconner

....the scene of a small child with a running nose, tattered clothes...fear & hope filled eyes..still that plight is statued in my heart..I'm in the state of helplessness for I cannot do anything to change their lives....
    ....A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase.......am little ...very little bit satisfied by giving them wings & making them as angel...atleast in my dreams.....
    This is my own Photoshop work......

[​IMG]

"Children are our future",said Jawaharlal Nehru.....
    Can we hope that our children will not get to see beggars,child beggers... for ever in future...A beggar-free India- is it a distant dream?

I've used some points & pics from the Internet for referrence....

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Yashikushi,

I cant write or think anything after reading your post.

What a pathetic situation for the kids? I really feel pity for them.

Andal

3. Yashikushi

Thanks for haulting here.....even a week before the post was ready...eveyday added my thoughts....became too lengthy....so blogged it...you know I'm a cry baby..couldn't withstand before all these pathetic happennings...still more outragious thoughts are within me.....no ending to that......our kids are enjoying their full pledged freedom...why can't they????....feel guilty that I'm helpless....with you i too feel pity for them....

4. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Yashi,
    The realistic post made by you was with full emotions and you have rightly brought in the cancerous effect in our society ... I feel ashamed for being helpless in this society ...

5. Yashikushi

not only you,but most of us ,including myself are in helpless plethora.though some instinct push us to lengthen our hands towards them,the next moment we are aback.All in a state of mix-up thoughts,whether to help or not.no end to that.

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Yashi,

Very sensitive and true to life potrayal of the pathetic plight of innocent victims of Fate....the child beggars.
    As you said as individuals we are all helpless and can do nothing about the wicked exploiters who use maimed children for their advantage.Stringent laws have to be enforced no doubt , but even then loopholes will be found by these exploiters.This is the dark side of life.

BTW, I could not succeed in viewing the pictures here .Is it here or elsewhere?
    Knowing well about your artistic talents I am keen to see them ...your photoshop creations.

Loved reading these lines you quoted here too.

BITTER ARE the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
    Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
    Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
    Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.- Pamela Glenconner

warm regards
    Paulina

7. ankitkaran

ankitkaran Bronze IL'ite

Wonderful topic. Why cant we all do something for these child beggars??? Giving them alms will only make their parents or whoever is making them beg their work easy. What I think is to take the child to a social organisation or ask one of these volunteers to take care of them instead of letting them beg.

I hope we all lL can do a little more social work along with blogging.

Can we get some of the institutions / organisations details to go ahead and help them??????

Kiran

8. Yashikushi

Paulina!!!!To be honest this blog had only 25 visitors only.Am so sad.
    Then by giving link in my siggy got somemore viewers.
    While writting the post felt so deplorable regarding the C.Beggers.But what to do.Its a every day scene in all of us.
    Getting too sensitive when I happen to cross them.
    And regarding the P.shop work....
    The small girl(the real one was devoid of it) in the pics with wings,the bg & some details were merged by using five snaps together. Hope you got it now.

9. Yashikushi

No Kiran.Its immpossible to hand over them to social groups,as there itself so many corruption are diddling.Fraudal action are causal.And hope its not a safe place.Accepting some well-natured humans are there.
    I have visited some places,to my horror some basic needs like toilet were not there for the poor fellows.Whom to point out?
    Is an endless misfortune.