1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child again????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, Jul 6, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

My dear Aruna.......er, Egyptian queen :)) how are you doing??? Yeah I guess at times I do get a bit nostalgic for my childhood days......those carefree days with no responsibilities !!! I guess in my case, we always have a bit of role-reversal, as you had seen in the earlier post, my girl can be quite mature at times :) and I on the other hand have a maturity of a 7 yr old.......ha ha I guess pretty soon, she will be giving advice to her mom !!!

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear suja,

a lovely post.Ohhh who wouldn't like to go back to being a child again.but let me confide something in you suja.If at all i were granted a wish to get back some years of my life i would unhesitatingly ask for the first five years in my daughter's life.Take it from someone who has been there..they really grow up too fast.so make the most of it.:)

3. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Dear Suja,
    Enjoyed reading your write-up.Well narrated.As Meena pointed out,ur language is too good.You narrate like a well-versed story writer.

And yes, if everyone are given chance,they will definitely like to go back to their childhood.My security blanket ;-) stays with me to take care of my kid...and still i complain to her if my brother teases me....wish she stays with me always...

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,

Ma'm, can you write? Oh yes you can!!

It was a joy to read your 'Child again?' Suja. Your writing is so lucid, your thoughts displayed on a crystal glass. I can never better Cheeniya's words. He reflected all my thoughts regarding your writing skills. You really skate through your essay!

Dear Sujatha, if it is you that your daughter is going to imbibe, have no worries, she has a wonderful mother with beautiful thoughts. Your words also reflect your personality and I guess it is not even intentional.

Well, this leaves me thirsting for more from your pen/head/keypad?!

And wanting my childhood back..ahem..no thanks. I don't want to go through all that I have till now. 'Cause, there is no eternal childhood, is there? I'd rather let a little child in me be....

Oh yes, congrats on being nominated for this month's FP!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

WOW, I thoroughly enjoyed your writing, Sujatha! :thumbsup
    Blissful moments are scattered in day to day life.

6. sujathaumakanth

Dear Mindi,

I absolutely agree with you :) My daughter has been away for 2 weeks with her cousins, and the entire household is missing her, even her little brat of a brother :)) I know I keep telling that I cant wait for the kids to grow up, but I guess these are the best years and I better learn to treasure them !!!

7. sujathaumakanth

Dear Mythily,

I am glad you are enjoying a "second" childhood with your security blanket by your side :)) Thank you so much for your feedback, it is really great when I notice new readers enjoying my post !!!

Cheers,
    Suja

8. sujathaumakanth

My dear namesake :))

Thanks so much for your lovely words !!! I have to say I would be really deprived if I dont get to hear such constructive feedback from you, Sri Uncle, Aruna, Knots and so many other wonderful people.

Funnily enuf, my biggest fear is that my little gal would take after me......I would rather her take after her emotionally stable and rational dad......I have the maturity of a 7 yr old, not a great role model, you see :)) However I am great fun for her as I give her wonderful company, getting right down to her level........see I dont even have to try too hard for that !!!

As much as I long for the security and responsibility free days of my childhood, I too would not want to live my life all over again.......once is enuf :))

Thanks once again for your lovely words,
    Suja

9. sujathaumakanth

Dear mstrue :)) I am glad you enjoyed the post......thanks heaps !!!

10. tselvij

tselvij New IL'ite

Dear Sujatha

I am a new member to indusladies forum. When I first came across the website, I brushed it across, thinking it as another women website with no things in true sense. However, I managed to take some time from my daily chores to find out what is really going on in this forum.

And, I find it to be a really commendable venture( i must say it as a venture) by all indian ladies .

I appreciate the threads, posts, topics on discussions and the way the forum motivates people through contests.

A very good social and intellectual community of people are here .

I understood this from your post child again and a few other posts by meena also.

I always feel that children are here to teach us to become matured adults . I have learnt a lot from my two kids who are just 4 and 2 year old. They are mature as kids and we are childish as adults.
    So, we too would have been a matured adult as kid and now as adults , we are being more chidlike. So why think of becoming a child again?
    We are actually in our kids blanket for all our emotional support? Isn't it?

I really love your flow of language!!!!:thumbsup Great work as our senior sir had said.

Have to learn a lot from all of you people and I feel there is a long way to go with you all people .

Nice to be with you all.

Luv and regards