Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by theoffice, Jul 2, 2014.
Chicken ken curry for chapathi
Where is the recipe Theoffice.
curry looks yummy, hope you will share its recipe too here so that we too can try our hands on it.
chicken curry looks yummy.Pl share the recipe.
Grind all the following Separately:
Red onion - 1
Large Ripe tomatoes - 2
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
To temper in hot oil :
Olive or sesame oil -4 Tbsp.
Cinnamon stick. -1
Bay leaf - 1
Star Anise - 2.
Cardamon pods -2
Cloves - 2
Chicken 2 lbs
Yogurt - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp.
Coriander powder - 2 tsp.
Fennel seeds Powder - 1 tsp.
Garam masala - 1 tsp.
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
Chopped Cilantro - 1 Tbsp.
1. Marinate the chicken for at least 45 min.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, heat the oil.
3. When the oil is hot add the cinnamon, bay leaf and star anise.
4. Add the ground red onion and saute for until the raw flavor leaves.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
6. Now, add the marinated chicken with the marinate. Cover and cook the chicken.
7. When the chicken is half cooked, add the ground tomatoes and cook the chicken thoroughly.
8. When the chicken is fully cooked, add crushed cardamon and cloves to the curry.
9. Remove from heat, and garnish with cilantro.
Thanks for the recipe.Its nice,simple and quite straightforward and above all looks delcious. Will definitely try.
Looks delicious....I too make it the same way. My mom taught me and we call this jhatpat chicken curry. I am planning to make it this weekend and my mouth is watering already.
Yummy chicken curry! something with Punjabis, we just cannot resist our taste buds from savouring such delicacies. I call it God's favourite bird which he made in abundance and for every nook and corner in world so that his people everywhere should not refrain themselves from such tasty delights!:cheers
Just out of curiosity, did any one tried this recipe, ?
hi its looking yummy....... i am about to make some chapati tomorrow... i might try it... will let you know...its looking yummy and neat...
I made this yesterday but with a slight variation. I did not have chicken, so I used Prawns instead and it was yumm. I served it with parathas.