Chennai To Haridwar

Discussion in 'Travel' started by pammor, Nov 9, 2007.

1. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

I would like to have information about Haridwar and other important places to visit around it.I would prefer to have all the info possible like how to reach there?What are the places to visit...etc...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

From Madras to Delhi... From Delhi you can take a Cab... It is around 300 kms... First you can go to Haridhwar, see the evening Araathi and then go and stay in Rishikesh, which is another 75-100 kms... Morning finish the Dharsan of Ram Jhoola and Lakshman Jhoola then you can come back to Haridhwar... There are two three temples there itself.... You can go there, for Dharshan... After the evening arathi, you can start and come back to Delhi...

If you take a cab and go , you can freely move around to various ashrams and temples...

In both the cases, be careful about the duplicate swamijis, who are experts in taking money out of you....

In Delhi, there are lot of tour operators to Haridhwar & Rishikesh...

3. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks Vysan.I think u hav given short and sweet info abt Haridhwar.Once again thank u very much.I will bear in mind as I travel.
    I have plans to travel to Haridhwar in the month of Jan.I would also like to visiit few places in Delhi as well.I will also appreciate if anybody can suggest some new places as well the old to visit and see in Delhi.
    I will be also happy if anyone can join me in the trip of Haridhwar.I can give details of my travel for those who will be interested.
    I once again thank you.
    How is life in Muscat.I lived in Muscat from 1979 to 1986.
    Regards,
    Pammor.