1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Music season -2009

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

TM, bengali song was a beautiful rendition. his diction was also so great.
    I wonder why his wife does not play violin for him..(isn't she a violinist??)

Ranjani and gayathri, following them from when they were violinist, oh the trend is changing isn't it now they are moving towards vocal..heard akkarai is also doing the same. (usha please confirm.)

whether it was viruthams or a thukkada or a abang, the involvement come across. and abang, they have perfected the art, being from bombay could be the reason. oh!, i thought narayana would have definitely visited them when they sang narayana saka maja....

This year it is so great to see vidya kalayanaraman and few others who were familiar faces from performing in the bala brahmam and suddenly they are performing in concerts.. time flies.... BTW, do listen 102.4 air telecasts too, prof panthula rama's concert was real mind blowing..the traditional one.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Shan,

that is correct, she enjoys singing with her sister, although she continues to accompany RaviKiran sir on the violin for his concerts. Since DS is in college this year, he is taking a break from taking lessons:cry:

RG's abhang rendition was just out of this world.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. singingbird

singingbird Bronze IL'ite

ranjini gayatri was supurb especially the last song narayana abhang was the best.....

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Christmas, and hence was home. Ganesh Kumaresh were so awesome. I particualrly loved their fusion ideas for a kalayani, and then the ragamalika where all festivals were portayed! It is so beautiful. Paati recollects memories of having seen them perform at Tanjore as 8 year olds, where one finishes faster for grabbing a fanta bottle!

Arch

5. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hey,

I have the schedule of Maargazhi Mahautsavam at Jaya TV, and the Chennaiyil Thiruvayaru. Both are 2 hours vocals, and dance is about 1 hour 45 mins. Only about 1 hour is telecasted. Also, Kalaignar will telecast CT soon

Arch

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Archana,

I fully concur with your views. I too just loved Ganesh Kumaresh's program this evening. Their concept of portraying the seasons and festivals through Ragas was just highly innovative and creative. The last one (festivals) set as ragamalika was mindblowing. That was sounding in my ears even much after the program concluded.

Want to hear it again on youtube.

7. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi Shan, Usha, Archana, singingbird and others here,

Today's concert by Aruna Sairam was a treat to me, specially as she sang songs on my favourite Devi Maa.

All the pieces were superb but the piece de resistance was the wake-up call to KaliMaa in Kolkata, so dear to me ...

"Jaago, tumi jaago
    Jago Duruga, Jaago Dashaprahorono Dharini Maa
    Abhaya Shakthi, Bhala Pradayini Tumi jaago..."

Do correct the lyrics, there may be mistakes...

Looking forward to Unnikrishnan's concert on Monday...

Love,
    Padma

8. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Aruna Sairam's singing was marvellous.

Unnaiyalal vere gadhi illai amma
    Jaago thumhi jaago
    Kadhana kuthoogalam

........ all were excellent. In between during the what you like session, there was an abhang going on in the background but disappointed that they did not telecast the song.

Can some one post the lyrics of unnaiyallal vere gadhi illai song .. i have doubts here and there.

Yeah awaiting Unni's concert on Monday.

9. vaish78

vaish78 Gold IL'ite

I was very much awaiting for aruna's concert.
    My LO hears her songs all the time she is home.
    btw,can anyone post the lyrics of "malai meedhu vazhum" sang by priya sisters.

10. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009