1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Music season -2009

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

That was a nice sharing by all of you on Jaya TV's Margazhi Mahautsavam. I also enjoyed Malladi Brothers and Priya Sisters concerts. Could not view Vijay Shiva's program as hubby was watching a match.

Thanks for giving the you tube link for Priya Sisters' Song. It was lovely.

Waiting anxiously for the remaining singers especially, Nithyashree, Aruna Sairam, Sudha Raghunathan, Unnikrishnan besides others.

Thanks to all of you and looking forward to more on this.

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Wow, Archu .....all i can say now is U r damn lucky too attend all these concerts and get the first hand feeling..... Now i want to plan a visit my next india trip somewhere around next Marghazi season .....(i have changed it for so many occassion ...heheheh),All the artist u have mentioned are on my top priority list..... and don't want to miss their concert for any cost.

Recently like ur patti i have become a ardent fan of TM krishna and Aurna Sairam..... both are very expressive :)hide:) couldn't find a better word. But they literally amaze me.... again i am a very newbie in music and ltd to just the hearing part. Thanks dear.... and do keep us updated about the concerts u attend .

Hi all,

Yday Sanjay subramaninan was good too..... but my ltd brain..... desn't enjoy him much for all his actions and esp i am little not that good in Tamil.....so Tirukural was not totally reachable to me..... But that doesn't mean i don't have any respect..... i salute his discpline &agressiveness on stage.

vaidehi

3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

shanthi,
    pls list out the name of the song sung by sanjay subrmaniam..antha nerathil i can't see.becoz,she was crying a lot

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

GS,

This year his theme was reviving the tamil composer mayuram viswanatha shastri.

his compositions that are very familar are the Jayathi Jayathi bharatha mata, and Sonnadai seidida sagasama..(i was wishing sanjay would sing this.) Viswanatha sastry has the credit, of setting music to thirukkural verses.

I have not noted the songs in a order. if anybody remembers or has a list, do post.

but what i noted are..along with what was in the background during the interview...

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWelcome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Gananadha Nin Ponnadi – Gowlai
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWelcome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Bhagavan Muthatre Ulagu - thirukural-

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWelcome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Mayil vahana- Amrithavarshini

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWelcome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ozhukkamudaimai – thirukkural-
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWelcome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Bharatha Samrajaya Sukhi - Desh.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  5. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Welcome, Sundarusha and soldier.:hiya
    Vaidehi, just type" kamakotisankara" in the search box of youtube,you will get all the Markazhi maha utsavam songs.:)

6. singingbird

singingbird Bronze IL'ite

hayya this much music lovers..i was not aware of it? who all attended academy concerts?I am a musician too both classical and light...keep updated Thank you...

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

shanthi,
    Dh told, mayil vahana mana mohana-amritavarshini sung by sanjay solrar.neenga,va va velmuruga paattunu solreenga.
    nithyashree concert romba nalla irunthathu & she selected D.K .pattamal songs..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Gs,

Corrected. maatri ezhutitaen.thanks to your dh.

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Dear Meenakrishnan,

Tons of thanks to you. As u said I went to u tube and had a virtual feast of so many songs of the current as well as previous years Marghazhi Mahautsavam. In the process came across one Shrinidhi (the wonder kind) - such quick recognition of ragas instantaneously. On the stage singing the ragas was the young Bombay Jayashri. I thoroughly enjoyed last evening after listening to TMK on Jaya TV and then these songs on youtube.

Thanks a lot once again.

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Dear Advitha

Thanks for giving the link to Jaya TV's Marghazhi Mahautsavam Prg. I am able to plan by evening schedule accordingly.

Hope all music lovers enjoyed TM Krishna's program yesterday. I just loved it. Am not sure if yesterday they showed the Bengali song. This morning telecast I heard the Bengali song - he had sung it so well. The pronunciation was pucca.

Waiting for this evening to listen to Ranjani Gayathri. Sure there is an Abhang.

Wish you all happy viewing.