1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Oh my, it's your Birthday? Happy Birthday Sir

:dev14:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you very much @SuiDhaaga. How is your dad doing?

SuiDhaaga and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

I requested a quote for video coverage of the house-warming function and one of them quoted Rs 10,000/- for the coverage. I have no idea about the cost. Is it reasonable? Can someone who knows guide me on this?

mangaii and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: For video coverage of marriage function that lasts for two half days in a palatial marriage hall, the charges are in range of 30 to 50 k.
    The house-warming should be half-a-day affair and so with three number albums spiral bound and CDs ₹10k for video covering and upload live on internet would be considered reasonable.
    HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

We chose Sunday to begin inviting people. We visited my wife’s aunt (periamma) and two cousins. Her aunt is in her 90s but promised she would definitely come for Grahapravesam. We told her the Muhurtham is from 6 am to 6:40 am followed by homam. I told her my MIL and this aunt can come together in our vehicle and reach by 9 am. We said we will take their blessings after they reach the new home. Both cousins of Shoba also agreed to come by 9 am and we said we can spend some time together after the Puja. We are visiting her uncle’s (Chithappa)house in Besant Nagar tomorrow and he has two daughters. One of them lives in Hyderabad but she is planning to attend as well. Shoba’s aunt’s (Athhthai) daughter who lives in Ultramount Road in Mumbai is also planning to attend. She generally lives with her daughters overseas but incidentally in India this month and next month. She is using this opportunity to meet her family. Her father in law was Joint Managing Director of Mahindra Ujjaine and her husband also worked in the same company. Shoba’s aunt (she is no more) was married to the son of Retired Chief Justice of Kerala High Court Sri Krishnasamy. He is known by most as “Thirupugaz Mani” as he used to arrange utsavam for Thiruthani Temple every year.

Tomorrow our plan is to invite Shoba’s uncle in Besant Nagar followed by all my cousins’s families in Adyar, Radhakrishnan Nagar and Thiruvanmiyur. One of my cousin sister lives in Anna Nagar and I have to go to invite her another day. Another cousin sister lives in Pondicherry and is married to Late Sri Raghunath, partner of Ganesan & Co., Chartered Accountants. My cousin Sri K.S. Dinakaran is a leading Trial Lawyer in Chennai. He has taken some famous trials including Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal’s trial in Pondichery. He lives in Chennai and he is 82 years old. He is still in practice only representing high profile cases throughout India.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa sir, read with interest your jottings on your chennai visit. After the very bad experience of the oncoming flight , it is nice to see you are engaged full time and enjoying the stay. Best wishes for all your events to go well and you and family have a great time, completing all your planned work. After the tensions of travel abroad and flight experiences (each time a new issue would invariably crop), i feel i have had enough of travel to US to visit my son and family there! I keep telling that this would be our last visit and its upto them to come over when possible, But relent each time, seeing their issues with visas, work schedules, and carting 2 small children around.:blush:

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Deleted

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  8. Thyagarajan

9. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

He's on the road to recovery.

Still doesn't have same sense of humor and joking like he used to (he says he has to concentrate on remembering to take so many medicines round the clock), but i am hopeful he will be back to himself before TAVR and go for other needed operations.

But there was glimmer of hope today when I said I am his best daughter. To that i react, "I am your only daughter!".
    So his old self is coming back slowly but surely

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Thank you Sir. I stand corrected.

Thyagarajan likes this.