1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know about your new house. P IMG-20230601-WA0010.jpg

SuiDhaaga, Rihana, swarnamary and 2 others like this.
  2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Have been following your jottings with interest. Best wishes for a very fulfilling and successful Grahapravesham.

Rihana, Ragavisang and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Viswamitra Sir,
    My Best wishes for your Gruhapravesham! May joy and peace brighten your days with this new home. I hope everything goes well peacefully. Looking forward to see your new home pics and If possible please share new swing pic too.

4. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Happy housewarming to you Sir! Wishing you happiness stay with you year after year in your new home. Stay blessed with your family!

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Sir,

Did not write earlier, as I wanted you to finish your dairy. All the best for the house warming. Eagerly waiting to see the photos.
    I asked about your wife, she was my senior in school. I cannot recollect her. She would have been my sister's class mate.

Regards
    Uma

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Wishing the GRIHAPRAVESAM - a grand success.​
    upload_2023-6-2_9-14-57.jpeg
    upload_2023-6-2_9-15-32.jpeg

gamma50g, joylokhi, Rihana and 5 others like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

The photographs of the house in Chennai.

Attached Files:

gamma50g, Mistt, SuiDhaaga and 7 others like this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Happy housewarming @Viswamitra
    House looks beautiful . It feels like I also was in India preparing for this house warming ceremony .
    Just curious why do banana leaves are cut ? They look gorgeous when left on their own .

Rihana, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Viswamitra

June 1st and 2nd

Hectic 2 days with so much of activities. We had some tension as we could not reach the guy who was organizing food, Chamiana, Chairs and so on. He went to Bangalore and his phone went dead. We got frantic as we didn’t hear anything until we were getting ready to check in to Green Coconut Resort. Shoba got hold of the guy’s father finally and he confirmed that all is well and everything will be done even if there is delay.

We checked in at 2:30 pm into GCR after droping the Puja items the Vedic Scholar asked us to buy. The Vedic Scholar didn’t arrive until 6:30 pm and the tiffin and coffee we ordered came in at 4 pm. The Resort told us outside food is not allowed in general but gave exception to the Vedic Scholar. He came with 7 others and 2 drivers and all were able to comfortably stay in 4 rooms as each unit had multiple rooms. But to our surprise he announced that he needs to perform Vasthu Puja in the night of 1st. We had to scramble to the house and make so many arrangements. After a few stressful moments, finally we finished the Vasthu Homa at 10:30 pm and had packed dinner at the new house. Interestingly two of them cooked the meal themselves as they don’t eat outside food.

On June 2nd we got up at 4 am and reached the house by 5:15 am. Luckily Chamiana was erected and all the chairs were in. They finished tying Banana trees and Mango leaves early morning hours. The Grahapravesam started sharp at 6 am. We had another stressful situation abou the cow and the calf. Finally we arranged two guys and one of them showed up on time.

The cow entered the house first after Puja outside. Then Shoba had to kick a vessel filled with rice and jaggery before entering the house. That was not a tradition in TN but we did it in Karnataka style. The homam brought great vibration and they did the homam in the center of the house where the high rise is located. It finished by 10:30 am.

Guests started coming from 8 am and continued until 2 pm. Luckily most Puja was finished before we started receiving guests. Some family members came early before Puja. The Vedic Scholars team left around 11 am as they decided to have lunch in Mahapalipuram Padachala.

We have to stay overnight in the house and we just lost power. We are hoping it will come back soon. There is never a dull moment.

Mistt, Cheeniya, MalStrom and 5 others like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Is
    I am glad you enjoy reading it. I have posted the pictures of the house as requested.

joylokhi, Rihana, swarnamary and 2 others like this.