Cheeniya's new sub-forum...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello IL ites,

You all would agree with me that something catching the most attention of IL ites recently is Cheeniya's interesting writings. He had been writing on various topics in the form of blogs, snippets and short articles.

Due to the overwhelming feedback and responses received for his writings, we decided to group all his writings into a separate sub-forum within the 'Articles and Middles' section in the name of "Cheeniya's Senile Rambling".

Do not miss to stop over in this new forum and read those fine writings. With or without a cup of hot tea or coffee, you are sure to enjoy a Happy Reading!

At this moment, I take immense pleasure in thanking Mr. Cheeniya (a.k.a. Sri) who gracefully accepted to contribute his writings to IL ites in this new sub-forum. Thank you, Mr. Cheeniya. We look forward to more of your contributions.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Induslady, Cheeniya sir,

What a wonderful gift to usher in Sarvajit year! I feel like we have conquered a lot, in the literary field in IL.

Thank you, Malathy (Induslady) for giving Cheeniya sir a celebrated nook of his own in IL! It will showcase his work where it deserves to be!

Thank you, Cheeniya sir for your continued articles in IL. I see a shade of RK Narayanan and RK Lakshman in your work. Lots of humour, tons of self introspection, some satire, no malice, a laid back friendly note, a gentle senior tone- you rock and roll, literally!!

In recent times, I have enjoyed and looked forward to your writings eagerly and the most! Senile ramblings??!! More like New Speak of the youth---, I expect you to break into a rap any moment---

May Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings and IL be crowned with success in the year to come.:2thumbsup:

regards
    Vidya

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Congratulations ! So the year is "srijith" for the I L ites ! I am very happy that you have been allotted a sub-forum, which you rightly deserve.
    That you are well-read is obvious in your writings. Your style is simple and lucid. You convey your observations in a very interesting way.
    Please share with us, the benefit of all your knowledge.

Oh, it is not yet 6 A M! You will have a pleasant shock on reading about your sub-forum, after going through " the perils of morning walk". Is that not what The Law of Cycles is all about ?

I am just like you - never " A Hypocrite". Let us both, as senior citizens "March backwards in Time" and make I L a young, dynamic site full of vigour and energy.

A very happy Srijith, oops, Sarvajith !

Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  4. Chitvish

Dear Malathy,
    You have given us a rich and lovely New Year Gift, thankyou very much.
    Cheeniya'sa articles were "somewhere getting lost" in the stream of new posts. It wil no more happen.
    Our forum is becoming richer and richer in every way !
    Veterans like Nugghalli Pankaja, Ambika Ananth, my dear friend Varalotti and now, my new friend Cheeniya are all members in I L - it is a matter of pride for us.
    I L has started reaching great Heights.
    Good Luck; God speed.
    The Best is Yet to be !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya
    Thank you for your nice words. It is the encouragement from friends like you that made me accept the offer to have a sub-forum of my own.
    Like I had stated in one of my posts 'The Eternal Myth', the Berkeleyan Theory that things exist only if they have an observer is very relevant in my case. Without my readers, how can I ever exist as a writer?
    With this donning of a new role, I guess I have entered yet another phase in my life! Believe me, I am enjoying myself thoroughly more in answering the members than in posting a new thread! I assume, from what you say, that you are enjoying my contributions too!
    I know this of you Vidya. If ever I post a thread that falls below your expectation, you will pull me up by my ears!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    That compliment from you is very much akin to 'Vasishtar vaayil Brahmarishi!' I have marvelled at your immense capacity to write on various topics touching every aspect of our daily life. You are adept at keeping both the palette and soul tickled through your recipes and your posts on our religion and culture. The manner in which our members lap up hungrily what you dish out can be compared only to the incredible speed at which the Halwa is consumed at the famous Tirunelveli Halwa Stall!
    I loved your medley of titles of my posts in encouraging me!
    May God bless me with the calibre to live to the expectations of all of you!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Malathy
    What can I say except that I am thoroughly overwhelmed by this honour.
    Dont they say, 'Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown' and what a crown this is!
    I only hope that I continue to vindicate the trust you have reposed in me!
    IL means a lot to me. My grand daughter asked me a couple of days back, 'Thatha, what are you doing in a Ladies' site?'
    I told her, 'My sweet darling, dont I spend more time with you than your brother?'
    Sri

8. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    Your profile says it all - the last line is well understood !
    We are ready Sri - are you ready ?
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri,
    i am so happy for u, i got the moon and its rays, then found i should not be selfish here and got u over to the IL and i dont regret a moment of it, within a short period ur impact has been voluptious and the responses great....the new year starts with sriyear, may ur thoughts flow out in different directions showing us a new dimension to any that u choose.....all the best...congrats congrats all the way.....affectionately sunkan

an artistic view of u in il, il is the star studded night and u the birds with different moods of the sky....hope u like it

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Sunkan
    Like I have always been saying, I can never thank you adequately for bringing me to IL. At a time when I was thinking that I had come to the end of my journey, you came in and pointed out as Robert Frost did, 'Woods are lovely far and deep; but I have miles to go before I sleep"
    The road that you have now shown to me is the rosiest of all that I have tread so far and it is sure to make my evening as colourful as the Deepavali eve!
    I am grateful to you, Sunkan
    Sri