Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

^^^
    I first saw it here... : ) The official confirmation of the Biden-Harris victory. : )

Laks09, Agathinai and Mistt like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Finally!

Laks09 likes this.
  4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Laks09 likes this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I took a few days off post elections to just relax my frayed nerves. I went to bed on election night knowing TX is redder than last time. All is well in TX!

My friends from Atlanta are trolling me now. One of the messages I got - Losses are part of life. It’s ok if TX is still red but you are welcome to come to “Joegia”. And they also have creative names for their missile(the vote share graph). I’m really happy for this moment. Stacy Abrams has achieved the grassroots movement we dreamed of.

I can’t relax knowing 70 million people thought the way they did. I also cannot relax until after inaugural wondering what the reds are going to pull off to prevent Biden. Even after he gets into office, those vindictive reds are going to ensure he fails. It seems like the president will be a dem but GOP will run the presidency.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

With Biden mostly being a one term president he will probably do what LBJ did. LBJ is a Texan, btw!
    We can hold them accountable but the Republican senate majority will never let Biden be successful. A lot hinges on the two GA races and the republicans have already started trying to accuse their sec of state of electoral misconduct. He is standing his ground today but we have no idea if he will be able to hang on until Jan 5th given Brian Kemp’s history of cheating elections. Thankfully the sec of state is an elected position and he can’t be fired. He can be impeached and I don’t put it past Brian Kemp to do that to change election outcomes in GA.

Rihana likes this.
  8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  9. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Trump lost by garnering more votes than he did in 2016 -- from all the popularly categorized demographics. Except for white-men without a college education. ~ 71 million votes. And a huge percentage of them voted FOR him, his policies, and achievements. A chunk of the ~75M votes to Biden came from people who were AGAINST Trump, and not necessary FOR Biden. Biden had nothing much other than "not-Trump", and plans to give masks for all.

Trump has exposed a lot of ugliness that we used to shove under the rug, and move on. He did much of that by demonstrating how it is done. And now someone else is going to take that lesson, someone who is a real grownup, and be successful at Trumpism. Whoever it is, they will be making a line to enter the Trump Presidential Library & Club House. Normally such things are setup and operated by the NARA (national archives and records administration), but then the norm-breaker Trump would keep it private, and charge a subscription to enter and/or browse the legacy.

Added later: Watch Ana Kasparian in this video

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

We ought to be thankful for our Big Baby President who refuses to give the loaned toy back after the play period is over. He is forcing questions, and questioning idiotic norms of our nation.

Here is an educational video on electing the president via the electoral college -- a tutorial for the international press, followed by Q&A. An Indian journalist asks some nice questions.

If there is a deadlock in Congress and nobody is the president on Jan 20th, then the constitution says that the Speaker of the House will be the "Acting President", until the issues are resolved. Nancy Pelosi may be in... for a few months at least, if not a couple of years.

Elections 2020: The Electoral College - United States Department of State

Rihana and Laks09 like this.