Chatt Puja on 16.11.07 & 17.11.07

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by poonamjoshi9266, Nov 16, 2007.

1. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Chatt Puja

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1]Chatt Puja : The god of this puja is Lord Sun. It is celebrated in Bihar and in the few areas of Uttar Pradesh and is celebrated two times in a year. It is celebrated in the month of march(chaitra) and in the month of November(Kartik). This puja is started after the 6th day of diwali. The sixth day is called the "kharna day". But the songs of Chatt puja starts a month ago. Women also sings the song of Chatt puja. It is the two days puja. The evening argh and next day the morning argh to the Lord Sun. Women offers grains, fruits etc. to the god Sun. Woman fast for the happiness of her family members in this two days festival. Woman baths in the cold water of lake or pond as it is the important part of this puja.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

2. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi poonam,

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing the information on the

special festival performed in Northern side. Actually I do not know the puja will be

done to sun god and also for the happiness to the family members.

Any new info pl be posted.

bye,

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Poonam

Do Punjabis and Sindhis also celebrate this festival.. I have heard a lot about this puja though I do not know the details of it.. Your post was informative.

4. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Yes here in Jamshedpur i have seen Punjabis, Bengalis, also celebrate this festival.
    Last night some News channel were showing that some of the Muslims also participate actively in the puja.