1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 1 - Genesis

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swethadatta, Oct 6, 2010.

1. swethadatta

swethadatta New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Yeah its a baby gal..!

They say that day was filled with excitement and my parents were blown away when they saw a small baby girl scream out to the world in her 7 month. Oh yes, I was a premature baby and my parents said that I was not bigger than my Papa's palm. I wish they took pictures but then they were too busy keeping me alive. Being a first born is always more fun more love and more attention. I was so small that they had to inject milk thru my nose and grandma stitched small doll clothes for me which my mom preserved till now..

My parents are blessed with another girl and a boy. We became a family of fantastic 5. I finished my 12 years of schooling in a "Girls high school" and followed 2 years of junior college in a Girls college. So pretty much never had any encounter with the creature called "BOY". I tired convincing my dad to let me go for a Girls engineering college but he never agreed. May be he new that his future son-in-law was waiting for me .(oops no jokes with papa). After being like 18 years with no boys around me except my cousins, going to engineering college and having to sit in the same class as boys was the most weirdest experience for me.

Talking about engineering, I met datta in engineering and we both were in the same course and same class. Our first year in CBIT was rocking with new friends new hangouts and we had our own group of friends and never passed each other in the walkway. We know the existence of each other but never cared to say Hello.
    Our college has this tradition of Fresher's Party at the end of each freshmen year(1st year). In my party, freshers and seniors gathered in a Banquet hall at Taj Banjara in Hyderabad. Seniors call out our names, fresher's have to come and give their introduction and then they would ask a random question. I was called upon as the " Shortest girl in the class" and really i m like 4'11. Then they asked me "how would I feel if the next day I getup and see myself to be 6 Feet tall?" then without a pause I said I don't like it. I am unique and I love to be my height no matter what. TING TINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG the bell struck in datta's heart and mind. That was the first time he gave me a second look to see who was this girl after all... He says he saw the SPARK that every guy dies to see in his life.. he saw me as a whole new person. That was the first time he had a small crush on me.. (I know but he never agreed...BUT U KNOW WHAT I KNOW.. he had a crush on me first :p )

Continued in the next blog.. untill then spread love..

Chao
    :coffee

[/JUSTIFY]

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

That was a very good read...You have narrated it well...Eagerly waiting to know what happened next :)

3. swethadatta

swethadatta New IL'ite

Thnx iswaryaa.. your are my first reviewer.. thnx for reading.. was feeling very nostalgic and this makes me feel very refreshed when ever i write .. yeah the story continuess...

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear swetha

That was a very interesting read abt ur life.. I wish for more to come.... When u write the next part?

Actually I am sorry that I read ur blog yesterday.. But dint have time to comment.. so today this is the first thing on my agenda.....

Like ur writing... Keep gng :)

My Best Wishes
    Preethi

5. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

swetha...i love your post...i am already witnessing the love and happiness and the knot and everything...our was a love marriage too...will tell you more later on...and hey CBIT and Taj Banjara...I hope you are referring to Hyd...my home town....

i will be waiting for your next post..Come On, fill our hearts!!

cheers!
    jyothi

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

dear swetha,

That was cute.... waiting to read the next post.

Akila