1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Society...Good Inlaws!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rosenav, May 26, 2010.

1. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I just wanted to share a recent experience when visiting India.

My very good frnd got married it was a love marriage she is a Christine and the guy is a Hindu, they both were in love since i have know them i guess when they were 14yrs.. the guy is younger to the girl by 2yrs.

Finally they told they parents abt they love, though they was a hitch frm the girls side finally everyone agreed....... Guy comes from a very reputed and a filthy rich family. The girl has 2 other sisters who r married and settled abroad. During the engagement there was a shocking discover the my frnd dad has a EMA :rant and when my frnds mom confronted him he threw both mom and daughter out and got the other lady to the house.

One month to go for the wedding, with so many hindu costumes they were not aware of and family issues it was a havoc. Finally they told the guy parents as to what happened and they dad would not be a part of the wedding and it will be just them.

Her Inlaws were so supporting and did not raise a finger at all at them..... there have such a huge extend family every one was so respectfully and never made the guests uncomfortable or any random comments abt they father who did not even turn up fr him daughter's wedding. (I hope he rots in hell)

Her inlaws take care of her so much and treat her like her daughter.

I'm so glad that there are ppl like them around, though they are super rich and belong to high society cast and creed......... but they showed that what matters the most is
    Being Human.

I really hope we have many more families who can set a positive example to the society.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010

2. siababa

siababa New IL'ite

Re: Changing Society.

All I can say is your friend is a very lucky girl to have a such a nice persons as her in-laws. I hope that she will remember this incident when ever she has some small misunderstandings with her in-laws and respect and show love to them always.

Being human and helping and understanding the person's heart in a very tough and disturbing situation is the most best thing a great soul can do and happy to know this world still has such good souls :)

3. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi your friend is really really lucky. may god continue his blessings on her and her family.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Rose

It was really nice of you to share such a happy story about good inlaws. We often tend to quickly pick up the bad stories and experiences and share it around! nice of you to share about your friends story, it does show that there are good people around us too. Indeed your friend is blessed.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

It was a commendable act... at a preliminary step... if thats a v big deal for a society in question.
    I wish the heaven continues for your friend... and strongly wish that atleast she never ever need to pay a price of such decisions which starts making them feel as GOD or the lady to start worshipping them whether right or wrong. The girl should remember that she's a human first.

1st year is seldom an eye opener.. atleast in my case.. Also the BIG sacrifice they did for me to let me join my dream job in different city made them GODs in everyone's eye to the extent that my own parents overshadowed the irritants as "LET IT GO for their commendable act" for 3 yrs until they got a personal dose.
    What matters further is that the expectation levels shall keep matching.

In my case... me and my family is tagged as last minute twisters leaving no alternate with them (As if I owned the MNC and asked them to roll out my offer at that time).. since they'd already sent marriage invitation to all relatives... putting them in tight condition and they had to give in and blaming us as the reason for not being able to live together. Wonder how can people blame others for their decisions when my parents never even discussed of my job offer to them and moving to another city... infact my parents simply asked me to keep the offer aside and prepare for marriage as I commited to it first.

6. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi
    it is really nice to read about some good things around us. like shilpa ma says it should not turn out to be a huge net thrown out on your friend. lets hope for the best.