Chandigarh _ Beautiful City of India

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by psg6266, Feb 14, 2009.

1. psg6266

psg6266 New IL'ite

Hi Frends,

Wish all frends Hapy & Lvli Valentine Day>>>>>>>>>>>

We are at Chandigarh in India and find high level of celebrations on the occasion of Valentine Day. Chd Citi has maximum restaurants, hotels and recreation centres. Shops/Showrooms are specially decorated for this occasion. For information of members, Chandigarh is about 6 x6 kms citi with population around 15 lacs. Every Sector is self sufficient and one can find all things of use in one sector which is approx 1 x1 kms (maximum).

Here, we have Rose Garden which may be best in Asia and biggest ever. Rose Flower festival is being held in this Garden from 20th to 22nd Feb. Sukhna Lake is mainly called heart of Chandigarh is lvli one and tourists as well as local people assemble here in the evenings. Just nearer to this lake, World Famous Rock Garden (created by Mr Nek Chand) is located. One can have view of this Garden made of waste andd rejected material. One can not think of its creation and how much efforts put up by Mr Nek Chand and Chandigarh Administration in keeping his in good shape. Adjacent buildings of HIgh Court, Haryana & Punjab Secretaritate are just good features of excellent design.

In case, worthy members of IL want any further information on Chandigarh and surroundings, they are WELCUM.

Best of luck,bonk

PSG

2. sethihardeep

sethihardeep New IL'ite

Wow!! Rose Flower festival, I can visualize how divine the experience will be to visit a festival so unique. I wish I could have been there. :). Is it always held on the same date(20th to 22nd Feb) every year? Please do not forget to remind us the next year well in advance.

Can you post any pictures of the Rose festival or the Rose garden. We at IL would love to see it. What all species of Roses do you have there and which one is the rarest of all?

I know I'm bombarding questions, but you know....ROSES....just can't resist.

Love,
    Hardeep

3. SimranUnplugged

SimranUnplugged New IL'ite

The once famous "Rose Festival" is now connoted Festival of Gardens.

Event date: It is organised in the last week of February.
    Venue: The Rose Garden of Chandigarh is the venue for this three-day festival.

It is the biggest Rose Show in the country. Varieties of magnificent roses are on display during this festival. The people of <st1:city><st1:place>Chandigarh</st1:place></st1:city> and tourists are encouraged to take a break and take a view at the various kinds of bloomed roses.

The other attractions of the festival are classical dances, folk dances, flower shows, crafts display, performances of music and dance, both classical and folk, flower shows, events for children, exhibitions by local artists, photographers and craftsman and a wide range of other activities.