Challenges of Fertility and how to overcome to achieve motherhood - Article Series

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Re: Challenges of Fertility and how to overcome to achieve motherhood - Article Serie

Thanks for consolidating this. I am undergoing some of the treatments listed. In addition to treatments and medicines, we should have a strong belief that we would acheive motherhood.

2. sun1

sun1 Senior IL'ite

Re: Challenges of Fertility and how to overcome to achieve motherhood - Article Serie

dear vasumathy,
    iam not able to open the thread and i really want those details,becos iam also undergoing the initial things in your list.pls help

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sun1,
    Welcome here...

The links are working. I don't understand why you are not able to locate those files. Click on the part1, part2 & so on(which is in blue colour), it will take you to those threads.
    If you still have difficulties, let me know....

4. Gundamma

Gundamma New IL'ite

Hi,

am TTC since one year, had fibroids surgery in Jan 2010 and was asked to take rest for 3 months. Since April 2010 am trying to concieve and doctor put me on Clomid, Letrozole. am ovulating fine but my right ovary has stuck to back of the uterus. only left ovary is normal. Doctor suggested HSG and it showed spill from both tubes which are open. Also I was told to get 3D scan done, which says Endometrium is echogenic in nature, am yet to show the report to doctor.

but am already tired of these tests, scans, reports. I want a baby some how.

this is affecting my work, my moods at home and work, am also depressed when I see my collegues and friends all having babies normally.

5. mriduna

mriduna Silver IL'ite

Thank you Vmur for the detailed write-up. Thank you Vasumathy for the compilation.
    Vmur, Can you please provide more information on insurance coverage in US and the flexible spending option you have suggested? We are in stage 2 as per your write-up, hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst. Any suggestion on emotional and financial planning would be great.

6. prathiyankara

prathiyankara New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Research says that GREEN TEA helps to conceive...

so try it....

7. preman

preman Junior IL'ite

Hello everybody from the TTC group. I am not from this group but i do understand all this b'coz i have gone thru this pain very badly but God answered my prayers and finally i am due in may this year. I will surely pray for all of you.:bowdown But i wanna tell you something which really worked for me,please go thru it atleast once. it's BABA RAMDEV"S Complete medicinal course. you can watch it on youtube videos(for those who don't have babies) and purchase it from the market youself all things are available. I was in switzerland when i conceived so i got it parcelled from India thru my parents..It worked for me. Now i am going thru some difficult time as my water level is a bit low so that's a bit upsetng coz after so long i got this Gift from God. rest i will pray for you all.
    Thanks and wish u all the gud luk for conception
    I had posted this reply in the prayer section also.
    Best wishes
    Preman.

8. mom2

mom2 New IL'ite

Hi every one
    ,I would like to share my experience with you all.I am married for 6 yrs with twin girl babies .Afer marriage i hade two misscarriages after that i underwent ivf with icsi in kamini raos hospital(BACC) ,a very long procedure ,but with gods grace first ivf clicked and successfully delivered twin girl babies weighing 1.8kg and 2.0 kg in my 8 month.Now my daughters are 10 months active and normal.Thanks to god and docters .

2 people like this.
  9. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Oh Wow Mom2, I was so thrilled for you! Congratulations! I'm sure your little bundles of joy must be absolutely adorable and are quite a handful now - God bless them! : )

10. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Not sure whether should share my stroty over here or not... as the thread started with providing details/informaiton about IVF & other treatments... but I think sharing ones own experience will motivate more to overcome infertility & achieve healthy motherhood.

well... it's nt something very different from others, now a days i see .. but want to share as I personally think that whn u r under treatment & if you find someone like you then you feel more relaxed & get strength to fight against it.

so mine start like this...
    Almost after 1 & half yr of our mrg, i had to go to a gynec because of severe pain in my lowe abdomen. She prescribed me some medicines but I wasn't getting relief so she made me do some blood tests & a sonography to check if i am infected. I did all tht & diagnosed with ovarian cysts. Having heard this i was almost depressed & worried as this going to be my 1st hospitalization of d life. But with my family's support, i could manage to do a surgery & remove it & was relaxed after it for a week... ( as some more bad news were waiting to knock my door..). Thn we were asked to do post surgery check up & meet up with doc.... on our visit we came to knw that my both tubes are closed so there is NO chance to conceive naturally... IVF was the only option given to me by tht doc...I broke down hearing this news.. I & my husband both couldn't bear these... plus this was such a news that I couldnn't share with all...( also at the same time the blame game started with GOD like y this to me n all those stuff...)

But GOD heard my prayers & made me happened to meet one of my aunt who is a gynec.. I shared her my case & she asked me went to HSG test to recheck my tube's condition... I did & found tht one of the tubes is slighlty open & saw a ray of hope thr & happily went to my gynec with reports but rather than motivating me she depressed me again saying it is of no use but i wasn't ready accept it & asked her some other alternatives then IVF ( in fact IVF is very costly procedure.. tht time she told me 1 lacs per cycle with 30% success rate...i.e. i had to have 3 consecutive cycle in order to succeed & tht to not gurranteeed which was almost impossible for us to afford... actually to motivate me for IVF she made me meet one of her other patient who succeedded after 7 IVF cycles... but tht wasn't my motivation.. :)) . But she wasn't ready to try anyother medication than IVF ( lately i understood that that's her main business & make everyone to go for that only). After seeing my firm decision abt other treatments, she asked me go 4 IUI...

My mistake/badluck... that I continued my treatment with her & went for IUI for almost 6-7 times... with no success... thn don't whn & y but i feel that was GOD's indication & changed my doc. met Dr. Rao in Jehangir as had heard a lot abt her then again the same sequence started.. case study, some tests n all... & she also started with IUI with me ... went for 3 more cycles with her & thn almost tired & hopeless abt me conceiving naturally or any other way...thn againg one more tap from GOD & met Dr. Phadnavis for 2nd opinioin for my case & asked my gynec to stop all other treatment & try for natural way...

I still believe tht that wasn't dr phadnavis but GOD himself who showed us the path & by His grace only I concieved the next month itself... but but.... If u r thinking that this was the happy ending of my 2 yrs strugle... then pls stop... this wasn't the end of my badluck.. i had more to suffer....

after conceiving, during my 4th month i started bledding.. hospitalized n was on medications... ( this time Dr. Rao wasn;t in town & her subordinate messed up with my case..).. for 2-3 days i'll feel gud & thn clot will pass to needed to be hospitalized... such way i passed 2 months.. & whn 6 month was abt to end.. one day i got labour pain & had to abort my princess...& that was again...end of my happiness & everything....

Then again routine started with doc after 3 months of abortion n conceived during very first month ... & blessed with d cutest & happiest moment of our entire life..my son Ahaan.

In nutshell, what i believe & suggest my frnds & other who are suffering from infertility is,
    1) have firm will
    2) have strong courage to fight agaist this & make ur firm decision that U R GOING CONCIEVE & BEING BLESSED
    3) have faith in GOD ( I offered votive offerings to almost all GOD of all religion)
    4) try some ayurvedic/nathropathy medicines along with ur alopathic one... have confirmed with my gynec that ayurvedic/nathropathy along with alopethic wouldn't do any side effects but in fact both are working for same cause so increases ur chances only...
    5) Share ur pain with trusted frnds/relatives who will help u during ur fight...

Hope u r nt bored with my story / havn't given much detailed one whch is nt needed... :)

Do share me your thoughts !

Lots of babydust to u all !!!!

Dharini

4 people like this.