1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cerelac in formula bottle for 10month old?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by catchaparna, Dec 12, 2014.

1. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

Hi,

I want to know if anyone of you added cerelac to formula bottle.

My baby is 10 month old and could gain weight ( she is skinny). Also recently we figured she has pista and cashew aleery so avoiding dry fruits unfortunately.

She he does not like me feeding her either by spoon or hand. She wants to eat all by herself which obviously is very very little ( few pieces of banana, puffs or cheese).

So I figured its better I add cerelac to the bottle.

My my question is did any baby gain weight by cerelac and can I add it to the formula bottle.

PLEASE NOTE : this is not about 1) breast milk / breastfeeding 2) cerelac for spoon feeding 3) choking 4) solid food feeding.

2. deenamathew

deenamathew New IL'ite

No, You should never put cereal or food in the bottle! They could choke! Only feed food with a spoon while they are sitting up.

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What is her paed telling? Is she ok with adding Cerelac in bottle? Cerelac has loads of sugar and vanilla. Generally paed's over here do not recommend adding sugar or salt until baby is over a year.

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

You can make home-made cerealac, I think it is called gruel in english. Either from cereal or potatoe/carrot. Boil a potato and a carrot in water (no salt) till completely soft. Put formula and veggies in a mixer and grind completely. Pour through a strainer in the bottle. Or boil water with a few table spoons of flour (rice, wheat, corn), strain and mix with milk. Use a nipple with a bigger hole. Looked at the commercially sold cerealac and it had both sugar and non-natural additions.

Porridges (oats, rice etc) eaten with a spoon would be a better alternative.