1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrations in life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 4, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a stronger person. We should always ask God what we deserve and not what we desire. Its because our desires may be few but we deserve a lot.

In olden days any occasions, like birthday etc. they used to celebrate it at home with the family.
    Early morning Ma kolam ( Rangoli made out of rice grounded) will be put in front of the house.
    They will have a pooja and variety of dishes for lunch. Then they will go to the temple and offer archana to Lord.

Those days joint family was there and only the male member used to go for work. They never used to have breakfast in the morning. Some people instead of having Coffee early morning used to have rice which will be put in water the previous day, put salt in it and buttermilk and have it. They say it is like amrutam. Morning by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="10" Minute="0">10 a.m.</st1:time> they used to have lunch. On occasions they will have afeast. Feast consist of Payasam, Sambhar, Rasam, Avial and Papad mainly.

Now a days in many houses no joint families as each one is in different places because of their jobs. Women are also working. In <st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City> children have schools by shifts. From Junion to Fourth Standard it is morning shift and from Vth to X afternoon shift. So everyone is busy in their work.
    So Birthday or Wedding Anniversary is celebrated only in the night. Many people cook only in the night as the whole family is at home that time. Some prefer to go out and celebrate especially the children.

On occasions like Birthday and Wedding Anniversary its good to celebrate it at home with variety of food and eat together. There is so much happiness in that. Each one’s presence is more than anything else and can enjoy our way. It makes us happy to see the smile on everyone’s face and the laughter we enjoy. This helps tomake our day seem much brighter.

To dream anything that you want to dream is the beauty of humanmind
    To do anything that you want to do is the strength of human will
    To trust your self to test your limits is the courage to succeed

sindmani likes this.

2. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

Thanks viji, very inspiring

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Yes celebrating at home is so good, everyone is together, and it is more fun, and cheaper.

But with nuclear familes these days, and less of time, everyone wants to eat out for occassions, and u land up spending a bomb.

sad but i doubt if things will improve.

good one Viji.

Regards

kamal

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear viji..
    Ya even according to the modern culture celebrations haves changed accordingly... but we get lot of happiness when we do at home, but we lack in space and time... that's the reason according to the time celebrations have changed...

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhu

Like your name you are also sweet. You gave the feedback in a minute and I have got two more fbs. You have made my day. Sometimes till evening there are no feedbacks. Thanks dear.

love
    viji

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji

Today is going to be a very good day. I got feedback for my post immediatey. I am honoured by your feedback.

You know something. Today is myyounger daughter's Wedding Anniversary. Also my son's birthday and Wedding Anniversary. For him two in one. And the happiest thing is he is coming for lunch. His wife has gone to Calcutta on office work. Calcutta being her parents's house , she was there with her parents and gone to work. My son will be with his parents.
    Something great na. That is God's will. His wife will be back tonight and they will be together that time.

regards
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee

Rightly said due to lack of space and time we have to celebrate out.
    Thanks for the immediate fb.

love
    viji

8. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Vijiji

Celebrations at home, the whole family together, is surely the best kind yu can have, and best for your pocket too!!

Lack of space, time is one thing. there are lot of offers and attractions / entertainments (outside) these days . and the ladies of the house are getting lazier too!!!!:wink:

Reminds me......once my sis asked her DH, what to do for the wedding anniversary, which was coming up the week after, her hubby said, "let's cook and celebrate it at home....for a change"!!!!!!!!

Wishing your son n daughter a very happy b'day, and anniversary to your son!!!!:cheers
    cheers

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    First my congratulations to your daughter and son on their Wedding Anniversaries...and a birthday wish to your son on his birthday..
    Enjoying with the family on festive occasions and on these occasions is a must...the family's bond will grow stronger..no doubt..
    I liked these two things from your post..

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

good post which made me suddenly long for all my loved ones...when we were in india my parents used to never miss any of our birthdays,my daughters birthday but now we just celebrate it amongst the three of us...and of course sometimes with friends..but it is a fact that we miss them especially on these special days...have great fun today..my best wishes...
    love
    Mindi