CBSE School Fees

Discussion in 'Housing' started by ramakrishnanr, May 24, 2011.

1. ramakrishnanr

ramakrishnanr New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Greetings !

I would like to raise a concern through this post.

Recently i believe many of us who like our kids to study in CBSE school have to pay a heavy amount as fees. (in fact we did not spend that much for our masters and other education)

For eg: a UKG and 1st Standard student in St Britto School velacherry has to pay around 35-40 K only for fees (Plus you have bus, dress etc)

My concern here is that is there any government body or some one who can hear our plea and take action on the schools who are making a good business riding on our backs

Any comments is been appreciated,

Thanks
    rama

2. sri_july27

sri_july27 New IL'ite

hi ,
    my son is studying in pon vidhyashram velachery. he is moving to UKG .we have got to pay around 25 K for his annul fees.
    I too feel the fee structure is too high . but iam not aware about the body where we can approach to compalin about this.
    but i think u can contact CBSE, new delhi . u can check the websites where the fee structure is discussed.

regards
    sri.

3. ramapriyah

ramapriyah New IL'ite

Dear Rama,

This issue has been bothering me for some time. The Schools are not collecting the fees listed in the fee determination committee.This is available in the Private school fee determination committee's website. Some cbse schools have not submitted the reqd documents. According to Cbse website, the chairman has said that we(parents) can complain if the school is collecting excessive fees and there affliation will stand cancelled. I had to pay 1L as donation(excluding fee,books,dress,van etc) to BVM. Of course they gave me a receipt. They are fleecing parents, you want to give children a decent education.
    Rgds,
    Priya.

4. ramakrishnanr

ramakrishnanr New IL'ite

Sri,

Thanks for your reply.

I had emailed to CSBE people who are listed in the website. but no response. i think we should use RTI now to get things.

I feel if i start this as a individual not much response will be there. Can we get as a team to work it out ?

your feedback or some other thoughts to get this worked out will be a great help.

looking for your suggestions
    thanks
    rama

5. ramakrishnanr

ramakrishnanr New IL'ite

Dear Priya,

Thanks for your info. it is very bad that 1 Lak for donation. I dont see that much value of education in this age that the kids are to get by paying 1 Lak or more than that.

Yes you are right school ruins our aim of giving good education for kids.

something has to be done to get this out and to come out with a good solution that is good to school people as well as parents.

Any suggestions.. any lawyers here who can help in this regards?

Thanks
    rama