1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cattle class to cattle class-a life’s journey by train.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Sep 28, 2009.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks for the FB.I always tell my children that while they can enjoy the best things of life.not to get attached to a particular life style.This is what I stand for except that I dont compromise on hygeine,cleanliness and mosquitos.Both my daughters are very well placed by God's grace but can manage in any environment.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

MODILUFT is not the first airline to try the concept of drinks on domestic flights. The East West Airline had beer flowing until the govt banned alcohol on domestic flights, Soon the airline became defunct and its chief got bumped off by hitmen in Mumbai. Yes train journeys can be real picnics in a way air travel never can be.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN,

Truth and humpour at is best here.Recently when ui met u in chennai in March, i came to chennai by air, but return journey to jaipur was 2 nd AC, 36 hours alone, and my wife was horrified and worried about me.I told her u mmay travel by air, but i dont mind the train journey, and i enjoyed it listening to songs, using my bile to talk to friends, and i had a great time.

it is all a matter of thinking, just bcs i have the money, dosnt mean i waste it when there was noi particular work to reach faster in jaipur.

loved yr expoierencesm, i have never travelled in business class, and hve never regretted it, as there is no company to pay for it, i am my own boss.HAHA.so what i save is what i earn , simple.

REgards

kamal

4. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear LN Sir,

Truly an amazing article. When we grow from cattle class to the finer classes of travel, it is sincerely our own efforts to get up and get the dish from the cafeteria. And thus we feel the sweetness of the journey. Sadly, the politicians may never be able to taste the sweetness of all this. It is similar to the bournville chocolate advertisement, you dont get it if you dont earn it. :)

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Balajee,
    You are right=East West voted as the best for service is now nowhere.We really enjoy the train journey in a group.I recall the journey we made as students in a group.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    When we travel occasionally and are not in a hurry,why should we travel by air?My daughters fail to understand when I refuse to accept air tickets from them.Train journey helps us to unwind,catch up with our reading and pick up friends not to speak of the money we save.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Syama,
    You said it nicely."It is similar to the bournville chocolate advertisement, you dont get it if you dont earn it". [​IMG] Great.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN sir,

Your cattle class won the first class nomination for FP this month opening the month with a classy post!

I so enjoyed reading your CC to CC journey. I may have to quote the whole article to highlight some favorite sentences!! It was a sheer pleasure to read.

Also brought back memories of our own unintentional cattle class travel when visiting India. One such was when our first class AC 'bogie' got simply canceled and we had to travel the regular (third class?) class which was filled with some men, mostly farmers and laborers who decided to stare at my jeans and T-shirt clad daughter who felt extremely distressed and uncomfortable at the attention she got. As parents, we too had a queasy sensation till at the next major junction, we were moved to a first class compartment that was not occupied. And that's when we realized how helpful these simple folk were when all of them clattered between both the bogies to help us shift our heavy luggage as the stop was only for a brief 5 minutes!

I cannot imagine a well suited gentleman exerting himself to help out in this way.

Much rather the cattle...what say?!

L, Kamla

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    What you have described is some thing wondeerful.You will get a true picture of the agony and extacy of Indian life in the cattle class.Thanks for sharing your experience with us and wishing you all a Happy Deepavali.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN