Career Woes...Queries regarding jobsearch in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by jeyshree, Apr 3, 2007.

1. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

hi jeyshree any luck on ur job hunt?

2. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    My sister is getting married in November. Her fiance is in singapore but he dont have eligibility (S pass??? not sure) to take his dependent there.
    She has to look for a job to move to singapore. She has 4+ yrs exp as a recruiter(HR) here. But she is looking out in all job portals. No luck till now.
    She can manage any kind of job like admin, other roles in HR if not recruiter. It would be great if anybody can help in forwarding any oppurtunities you are aware of.

Is there any other way for her to stay with her husband after marriage in singapore other than three months tourist visa?

3. pnahata

pnahata New IL'ite

need a job in singapore

Hi all,

Nice to be in this site....I am Preeti, from Bangalore, India.I am married n my Husband is working as a Soft Engineer...

My husband got xfer in Singapore n I am also seriously looking for some job opportunites in Singapore. my educational qualification is MSC(IT) n I dont have any job experience.

I would really appriciate if anybody could help me in suggesting where n what job should I look for? and How n where to start from. First time we are coming to Singapore...

Thanks,

yours affectionately,

preeti.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Re: need a job in singapore

Hi Preethi
    How are you?welcome to indus ladies and singapore.After coming to singapore u can search for job through job portals.sorry to disappoint u.but getting a job here is very difficult untill n unless u have Permanent Residency.
    Even i am trying for a job since 5 months.but no response till now.normally its very difficult to get a job with out PR.And more over bcoz of recession it has become tough.Dont be tensed.keep on trying untill u get.be cool n have a nice time in singapore.u will surely like this place.after coming here u can search for job.dont worry ok.see u soon.take care:)

5. lakshu

lakshu New IL'ite

Teacher job

Hi friends,

can any one tell me, is there any chance to GET hindi teacher job in singapore. Kindly guide me

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  6. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: Teacher job

hi lakshu,

there are 3 indian schools in singapore, namely dps,giis and nps just google and go to the school website and post your resume. good luck. i heard from friends that even private hindi tuition teachers are in demand and they charge $25 for an hour.

7. lakshu

lakshu New IL'ite

Dear suja,
    thank you so much
    take care
    bye

8. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

You are most welcome!

9. spraveen69

spraveen69 New IL'ite

Reg:how to enter and get a job in Singapore

HI All,

Im a new member and I wud like to wish the moderators and the IL team for your Good Work,

Im Praveen from Chennai working as an Oracle DBA.Im also very much interested to get an offer in Singapore.Moreover in a Bench Project and dunno when i will caught in recession.But i have applied for all jobsites and send mail to consultants but no feedback or reply.

And most of them in forums suggested better to go in tourist visa and search for job and attend interviews and get the offer.Is it the only way??
    I have tried applied with Online EP Certificate.But it was rejected(i don't the reason) Can you suggest me your ideas and guidelines about your experiance in searching job in singapore.

waiting for your favorable reply.

Thanks
    Praveen

10. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: Reg:how to enter and get a job in Singapore

Hi Praveen,

Recession is playing his part in Singapore also. Please google for PEP - Personalised Employment Pass or you can come here on a visit and give it a shot.