1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

car seat

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vanisri, Oct 23, 2007.

1. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a 8 months old son.Very active and very good. the problem is with car seat. he doesnt want to sit in the car seat while driving. so please anybody of you have suggestions for this.
    vanisri

2. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Hi Vanisri,
    For my son we bought a car-seat mirror with lights and music from Fisher price. (Costs around $20.00). You attach this to the back seat of the car. This way your son can see himself and can be entertained by the music and lights. Also you (driver) can see what he is doing through the rear view mirror.
    I take my son (10 months) to day care and back - about 20 min trip each way. He seems to be ok in the car-seat unless he is hungry. Make sure you get your son used to a car-seat by taking him on short trips and gradually increasing the duration.
    You could buy some interesting toys for him to play with in the car. Keep these toys only in the car so he does not lose interest.

Also, I play some nursery rhymes in the car. These rhymes are sung by children and seem to calm my son. Infants always seem to have an attraction for kids faces and voices!

Gayathri

3. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi Gayatrisundar,
    Thank you very much for your suggestion.I will try this and let u know the result. because i have a 10 year old,whom i have to take him to activites. Anyway thank u.
    Did u start ur son with solids.ok
    vanisri

4. GayathriSundar

Yes I have started my son on solids. I started only after he turned 6 months as the doctor advised against it. He has very bad eczema. Now he takes 2 meals a day (cereal with fruit - all baby jar food). And in the evening I feed him half a banana.
    Initially my son will not eat from a spoon as he thought I am feeding him some medicine!! :spinIt was a struggle!!!
    Hope your son adjusts to the car seat. Ask your older son to talk to/entertain him when he sits in the back with your baby.

Good Luck!

5. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi gayatrisundar,
    Yesterday i took my younger one with my older one,to drop him in the school
    . He is doing fine all the way back to home.Thanks for ur sugesstion.
    vanisri

6. GayathriSundar

Hi Vanisri,
    Glad to hear that my suggestions worked with your son.

Keep in touch.

Regards
    Gayathri