1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cape capers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jpatma, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Mins,
    The real story was my dept in the office had to do a play (sports club) and since iam the only lady, had no choice but to do the role. Most of my colleagues are younger than me and being with guys some how i enjoy their jokes and pun. They tease me and sometimes call me amma and when the james bond had a dialogue " wish you were older" ,during rehearsal they used to say" wish you were younger". Then they will be saying "kadavulle enna sodhanai eppadi oru heroine koduvanthegale".

Thanks for all your consolation, and appreciate your comments.
    Adathu drama you will get a role to play
    Jaya

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Chithu,
    All the fbs are more hilarious than the main post. The picture of Bharat mata is so vivid that i can't help laughing.:rotfl:rotfl
    One side you are bharat mata, padu is a witch and i looked ridiculous in the tights. My working colleagues are very funny, i suppose their jokes always rubs on to me. They said the audience were wondering what Fanotmette's mother is playing the role.
    On the whole we laughed during rehearsals and even now we laugh about it.
    Thanks you are one of my genuine well wisher.
    Jaya

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Oj san,
    It is a privilege to get an fb from and with heaps of praise is like icing in cake. I don't deny iam influenced by Cheeniya and to be enrolled in school itself is a honour.
    Ofcourse i want to bring smile in the face of the readers, looking and analyzing structure is your forte. After all you are a pot purri of economics, maths , literature and what not.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart , as i feel very very honoured and hope i will continue improving. I have started looking at the complex sentences you make and try to assimilate it.
    Jaya

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sabitha,
    Its like jasmine telling the rose you smell sweetest. I keep envying your style which is absolutely marvellous and satisfies yearnings in me.
    Jaya

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Shree,
    I assume it was written on one of those days (7-8 days) we are not influenced by hormones. Shariyano?
    Every one had good laugh at my expense, but jane do at least i was able to make others laugh.
    Thanks, enjoyed your remanant days without mood swing in the blog.
    Jaya

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Twinsmom,
    Thank you for joining in physical dimension, somehow what ever i do iam unable to loose weight ofcourse i enjoy my food, i enjoy lazing in the sofa with a book.

When you can't fight you join them, so now iam slowly accepting my figure , but still trying to loose weight thro' affirmation. I stand infront of the mirror and say " iam slim and beautifull" hoping law of attraction will work on me, you see iam eternally hopefull.
    When it comes to play people enjoy looking at beautifull babes even if she is dumb. Since i was the only lady in the group , it was no choice but the role fell on my lap or rather thrust on my lap.
    Thanks a lot for the fb.
    Jaya

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jay,
    What is the difference between
    Colourful imagination
    Imagination taking wings
    buruda vidarathu in tamil???
    I am asking this in all innocence & not referring to 'anybody's' FB!
    Love
    Chithra.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Madam,
    May I have the pleasure of clarifying your doubt?
    A connoisseur of cubic art will go gaga over a painting of Pablo Picasso. He'll be ecstatic at how Picasso's imagination takes wings the moment he is armed with his painting brush.But a raw and uninitiated person who has no clue about cubism will think that Picasso is fooling the world with some disjointed strokes of the brush! He'll think that Picasso is burudaing!
    Is it clear Madam?
    Sri

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Kamla,
    You have now set me thinking, i must receive some recognition for makeing capes an object de covet.
    Actually it is wrap around skirt used on the neck instead of waist.
    Thanks for being always there for me.
    Jaya

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sir,
    With due respect to your style and imagination :
    Kannum, mukum vechu katha sollaruthu na ethuthan.

If you look closely the capes are nothing but wrap around skirts which is worn on the neck instead of waist.Who ever started wearing capes ,obviously is a male. My belief is that he received the skirt and didn't know how to use it. He slid his head in the skirt ,i presume it was still tied and it got stuck around the neck/shoulder area and he couldn't slid it down further.. It was cold and he was shivering and the skirt/cape kept him warm and thus it became the uniform for macho guys.
    Iam still wondering whether capes have an indiac connection. You see ! some how mostly they say everything originated in India.

But as to Superman, i still dispute your story. Power in underwear is only for copulation , generallythe power may be in the hair like samson, or i can even believe the swishing of cape to take a flight or a gadget.

My theory is that superman had very few underwears and more pants. Those garments that touches or snugs our body closely needs to be changed often for reasons well known. He was changing his pants frequently as he had sufficient stock, while his underwear is outerwear he need not change that often as his pants i suppose.
    Jaya