1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can you talk about sex with your fiance?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by whiteorchid, Sep 21, 2011.

1. whiteorchid

whiteorchid Bronze IL'ite

hi every one

I recently got engaged to a nice guy. ours is a arranged match through a matri website.
    my fiance lives in a different city than mine. after our engagement he told me that we should talk a little bit on phone to know some more about each other . even i thought it was a gud idea so his first few phone calls were very causal and we disussed our future plans and other things but since past few days he has become very expressive and said i love you to me , then he asked me whether i loved him , i was very shy to say anything so i disconnected the phone call. then he messaged me one night at 2.30 am that i m thinking about you and i cant sleep , i wish you were here with me ! :hide:
    All this is very embarassing for me , i even told him i am not comfortable with this intimate talk and he said whats wrong if i talk n feel like this for the women i like and i am getting married too.
    He also asks me about when do i want to have kids , where to go for honeymoon , what do we do there? i mean its too much
    he is very romantic types n im very practicle types .he once saw too birds and called me to tell that it reminded him of me !

i m very concerned by his behaviour . IS THIS NORMAL? do guys talk like this to their fiance ? i dont have any elder sis so i cant ask anyone , my friend says all men think about sex . i m so confused ? i mean besides this intimate talk he is a nice guy . i sometimes think is he flirt and maybe had physical relations with someone that he knows and feels so much . is his charcter good ? i hope he is not sex addict !:hide:
    he says he is not guilty as he is just sharing his thoughts n fantsy with me but i feel scared n guilty to talk about all this before marriage .:hide:

please some members guide me !:help

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011

2. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

u r aware of what marriage involves , right? intimacy is part and parcel of it. the guy is just excited about getting engaged to u. be flattered. and bask in the attention. and since its you who is going to share his life , nothing wrong in telling you his fantasies and likes.

if you are worried about him being a flirt. ask him casually about his female collegues and if has been in a relationship before. observe him while he interacts with his femele frnds/collegues.

if you are not comfortable about reciprocating his emotions/actions/words, just say u need more time to get to know him. just say casually that you do not believe in love at first sight , only believe in love that comes after years of togetherness.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Very normal. To be honest with you, most of my friends (including me) have been there and done that. dont be worried.
    If you are feeling too shy, explain to him that you need time to open up to him.

Parvezruwais and yams like this.
  4. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Dear sister!

i am not too aged to suggest you this but since i am in love i hope i can say you something as a suggestion.
    you mentioned that you don't have a sister with you and that is the problem that makes you to get confused like this. nothing is wrong with your fiance. After getting engaged most men wanted to talk to their future wife to know about her and her likes and dislikes. Even friends will take advantage as time passes they start with da at the first meet and after they get closer the way they address you will get closer isn't it? same way as a bachelor he might have some love feelings and romance that he had been waiting to share with his future wife.
    He can do that only to you and not with others. feel happy that he is expressive and not hiding anything from you.

after entering teenage most girls will discuss about marriage reunion all with their friends which in now a days elders can't teach the young ones. so its upto us to learn all by our own. you seem to be so childish getting panic for this.
    in olden days you will have a old lady to address you how to behave with your husband before entering the nuptial night but now a days young girls know everything than the old women. since we all are exposed to many books movies and magazines and all. i am not telling to get exposed and get addicted like some cheap fellows always too as their all time work but getting to know about sexual knowledge is all that a women needs to do before marriage.

i understand that you feel shy when he speaks like that may be he is too fast to speak about that or you may thing so its all that you know about him and you mentioned that he is a nice guy apart from speaking like that so definitely i hope he loves you so much that's it.
    feeling shy is all that a girl gets. you tell him that its so embarassing to talk like this before marriage but in my view it is better to change you a bit you start loving him and nothing seems wrong about him later. all such things that he says will make you happy only.
    and another thing don't even thing that since he speaks to you in such way he will be addressing all girls talking to him like that and may have any relationships that will spoil your faith on him. instead try to know about him. whether he is a man with flittering character or what. that makes you to come to a conclusion.

also try to be open hearted towards him accept all his love and try to give him back. small kisses will never make you to look like a bad girl.
    till him that you love him which makes him really feel happy.
    couples when they speak in such way before marriage think that this will make them to get comforatable in the nuptial night that's what makes him to speak so and apart from that his love nothing more than that.

if you feel uncomfortable even after this tell him and better according to me get a councelling to your elders which makes you to feel free.

Have a happy married life dear

5. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Yes its all normal. All guys do that. All guys have lot of fantacies about sex and want to express their GFs or fiancies. My dh (then boyfriend) used to do these kind of things lot and I had similar fear in initial years of marriage. But now I know its very normal for boys. Don't worry and be happy. You can tell him nicely that you are not ready for all this yet and want to know more about him. If he is very romantic its good because after marriage all wives want dh to be romantic. Its big part of marriage.

Parvezruwais likes this.
  6. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hello,

I am just trying to think a lil different with all that u have said.

Why not think that ur fiance wants you to remember these courtship days in a special way. Let me tell you, these days between ur engagement and marriage are really special. They will never come back. Pls enjoy them. Bask in the truck loads of attention and love ur getting now.
    Also, imagine if ur fiance comes to know how u think of his ways to develop a good bond with u.. he might feel bad isnt it? I would suggest you to just take things a little lightly and not get so serious about it. Hez gonna get married to u. Think abt it that way, be happy that he is so communicative about his feelings for u and slowly u'll be able to accept the way he is and the way he talks. And if you are not that communicative, let him know that u will take time to feel the same way about him, but dont ever forget to smile when he gives u compliments, though u cant reciprocate back immediately about ur feelings for him.
    Just my opinion.

Parvezruwais likes this.
  7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

As others said, it is quite normal for a guy to expect to be intimate with his wife.

I feel that you too should make an effort to reciprocate. After the marriage, couples would be intimate. If you dont show interest or are too shy to express in front of him, he might get offended. So try to open up to your fiance and express your love and affection for him.

Parvezruwais likes this.
  8. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

yes,its normal..even i am newly married ..my hubby stayed in U.s i was in india..we shared all these types of intimacy..its just a part of life..all wives will except her housband to romantic..be happy that he is like that

Parvezruwais likes this.
  9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Maybe he thinks that force-talking 'romance' with a coy spouse is his display of manliness.

Maybe he is already introduced into the world of romance{for want of a better word} and cant wait for the day.

Maybe he is just testing you(like those guys in movies/serials)

Who knows- maybe you will regard all these as cherished moments when recollected from your future.

Parvezruwais likes this.
  10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Ouchch..!!:drowning Just because, he talks sex with you on phone, you suspect, he may be a sex addict ?! :rant

Too much stretched imagination, friend..!

You have every right to express your feelings of discomfort for anything he talks or does. No doubt in it. But, a few words of caution....Men are extra-ordinarily sensitive in matters of sex. Any displeasure or feeling discomfort, you want to express, do it in a polite and non-hurting way, to him.

And.........yes, what your friend has told about men, is true. Men do think about sex, quite a lot , when compared to women.

Parvezruwais likes this.