1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can you suggest any beauty parlour in Woburn,Ma

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by auserid8, Apr 23, 2009.

1. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hi Suganya,

I have also just begun making friends( as of now know Preethi alone thru mails) and through her know there is Suma and Namarta who stay in Woburn. So how long since you have moved to Littleton?

Regards
    Vanitha

2. SuganyaJawahar

SuganyaJawahar Senior IL'ite

Auserid,
    Good that you replied.
    I am here in Littleton from Feb this year. Where r u from.. I mean from India?? And regarding this beauty parlour.. did u find one??

3. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

I moved to Woburn in April.Previously I was staying in NJ. There we had few ladies who used to run a beauty parlour from home.In fact we had one in our apt itself...so it was easy for me to get threading done(didnt have to go along distance for it,moreover not depend on anybody to drop me to the parlor).So I was hoping to find one here in our apt itself. I was under the impression that someone would definitely be doing it but no :(. Preethi told me about one near the indian grocery.. i will have to check on it though.....
    I am from Coimbatore,TN.. how about you?

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vanitha ,

I meant the location of Stony Appt. I dont know how good it is.. I havent even seen it. But since you said you ddint find Indians there and dreaded to go there.. I thought you rejected it only because of that.

Ok.. so the appartment is small then.. :)

Yeah my mama lives in Vadavalli.. earlier they were in Mullai Nagar.. now they have moved closer to marudhamalai. not walkable though :)

Our family temple is in Palakkad. Near Mathur. We go there ever year. Another uncle of mine lives in Palakkad.. my aunt works in the Water Supply Board. They may move to Cbe next year as aunt is retiring and uncle works in Cbe.

Yes, I do watch malayalam movies eveytime I can.. I watch tamil, kannada, Telugu and hindi ! English is mandatory ! :)

This weekend we are going to Rhode island. Suma sandeep and another ILite ( Vasera ) whom I met during our Boston ILites meet up is also joing our group ..:) See, this is how your group expands and expands !

We are driving to RI on Sat and return home. Again we plannin to go on the Sunday.. and drive back home. My hubby wants to kayak this time and he promises to throw tantrums if we dont go there ! ;)

What are yoru plans ?

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Fun isnt ? See, Vanitha is busy replying to me and I am helping her hit the 50 post mark soon ! We are like as good as a yahoo chat.. Just that the replies go very very slow ! ;)

Ofcourse you can join in to , Suganya ! It is always lovely to know more people.. :) So, what do you do ? Kids ? Working ? Ways to Kill time ? Language ? Anything you want to tell us.. :)

See, we are becoming a group now isnt ? :)

6. SuganyaJawahar

OH Ok..
    I thought of telling you about a parlour in Acton but I think its gonna be a driving distance from ur place.. I find this parlour costing less for me... so thought of informing..
    and haei.. I am from Chennai.. Are u Tamilian??

7. SuganyaJawahar

Oh yeah Preethi,
    I love to make friends.. I can talk talk n talk forever.. but u know wat.. I end up staying at home all alone talking to myself.. Well.. in good ways :rotfl

I am a full time house wife. And I am a south-indian.
    How bout u?? I think u must be here in IL for a long time ...
    And where exactly in Woburn do u stay??

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

First lesson .. SCROLL BACK !! :)

All my info has been discussed.. Oh who wouldnt love to make friends isnt ?

Nice, to see you in touch now.. We all had just met in April.. HAd a Boston Tea Party ! ;) You must be able to read it in the IL meet up Forum.. GO !

You wont be able to see the cutie faces though.. :) You need to be a Junior member for that..

I am almost gettin to become a Veteran in IL .. Actually NO ! ;) I joined in last Feb.. Surprising isnt .. It is alll about INTERACTION , Baby !!! :thumbsup

9. SuganyaJawahar

Oh Wow Preethi.. thats great..
    I dont have a license here.. so I dont think I can come all alone to meet you guys..
    I am trying my best to get the license.. but that booklet is the worst one I can ever read.. :( its so boring..
    And do u have kids at home?? Okei.. I'll first read this thread n come back with questions :rotfl

10. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hey Preethi and Suganya,

when were you 2 ppl online?? this almost looks like a chat isnt it?? I wish there was a chat board as well apart from the forum....

Wow Preethi- going to RI is it?? This week mostly we will be purchasing a car...need to do poojai for it.. earlier we had plans to go to Albany to visit my uncle... not sure if the plans stays.... in btw I saw that there is a sale going on in IKEA.I just love this place. In NJ it was a 20 min drive from our place,also we had a bus that goes to IKEA - so was very convinent......
    you can go to RI and come back in a day? where are youll planning to go for kayaking. In case we go sometime later would you join us(Preethi and Suganya) to RI?? :)

What else??? Yday was a lousy day for me.... didnt do anything...today got loads of work,fold clothes,water plants,ironning etc....
    what about youll-busy day???

Btw does this happen to youll as well - sometimes you feel so lonely that you end up sitting and not doing anything??? Probably yday was one such... :( needalot of motivation to start doing exercises and going to the gym :( Need to loose weight.... probably ill start becoming active..thinking ill go for morning walk etc etc.. but havent yet started....chalo my plants are crying ill go water them.....