1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can you suggest any beauty parlour in Woburn,Ma

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by auserid8, Apr 23, 2009.

1. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I stay in Woburn,Ma. I recently shifted a week ago to this place from NJ. I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a good parlour to do eyebrows,upperlip etc..
    Also want to know of a good place to get my hair cut. Was wondering if the parlours in Burlington Mall is good.

Can anyone help me out in this?

Regards
    Vanitha

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vanitha ,

There is one indian parlour in Cambridge, Burlington.

Have you heard of the grocery store spiceland ? The parlour is close to that. It is called Smitha's boutique. just google it out and you will get her address.. She is one of the best indian beautician if you ask me !

BTW, this reminds me.. I need to take an appointment for tmmorw. :)

3. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Preethi.

Last week had been to Spiceland to get groceries but finally ended up buying from the next door - China Merchandise.
    Any inputs on that shop.. which is better - Spiceland or china Merchendise.

I saw one botique there not sure if I saw this one. Anyways shall search for it on google.

By the way can I ask where do you stay in Woburn?

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vanitha ,

Yeah this parlour is close to Spiceland. I personally feel spiceland is expensive. China merchandise is good enough cost wise.. But do check for the expiry date on everything. Infact there is another grocery near Main St. ( do you know the rotary in Woburn ) close to CVS and much famous Hot Breads. :)

This store on Main St. is called EZ Indian stores. They are priced a little lesser compared to spiceland. For us , EZ is closer and I buy only pumpkins and sometimes the veg roll sheets from China merchandise.

We live near YMCA .. :) What about you ??

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  5. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Oh... good that you told me.. next time will be careful. I just got vegetables from China merchandise. Havent gone to EZ yet.. will have to check that out. Thought about checking Rajas and Ranas.. Any input on that?

I stay in Kimball Court. Do drop in sometime....

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Raja Rana is good enough. But I feel they are priced a little higher. But for once in a while shopping it is very good. You get almost everything you can be looking for under indian grocery there.. Once I bought the same list of groceries as I do usually from R & R and knew the difference in price from spiceland. However, all the stuff there are good enough so.. once in a while wouldnt really hurt ! :)

Make sure you are around the next time we Boston ILites meet.. :) Spepden your post count to 50 soon.. so that we can send you a PM..

7. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Oh this weekend actually went to R and R ... found it well maintained ccompared to China merchandise.. anyways...
    whats this PM that you mentioned?

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hmm.. compared to China merchandies.. R&R is indeed better.

EZ is almost like that. But a little smaller in sq feet. Their stuff is fresh and good too. Anytime I prefer EZ. Actually I had been to R&R yesterday on my way back from Pongal Restaurant. But didnt find what I wanted.

PM means.. Private messaging. It is active only to members who have completed 50 posts. This way we can share info in private . That is all. :)

9. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Oh ok.... Heard Pongal is good restaurant around this area... Any other good ones around?
    Btw how do u spend time at home?

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

There is Kabab Factory . Then Mantra, Tamarind Bay in Boston. Dosa Temple near Ashland. :) These are the ones I would suggest.

How I pass my time ? I really dont know, Vanitha :) Time just goes by..

I love to cook so I try a lott of new cooking.. My hubby simply loves it at the end of the day so encourages me more.. I spend time with my neighbour kids.. GO out with them to the park, to the gym and play basketball with them sometimes.. :) I also go out with my friend.. to malls and to restaurants ofcourse.. Time just moves on ..

The rest of the time I all hooked up to IL !!