1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can working mom have two kids.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Aniyaa, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

Hi,

I want to know from working moms having two kids , how they manage.
    I know many working moms having a single child , and managing quite well.
    But I haven't come across any working mom having two kids and yet coping.
    Because of this i am really worried whether i should go in for the second child or not.
    You inputs will definately help
    Thanks

2. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi Aniyaa,

U read my mind, I have this question for long time. Hope someone throws some light on this issue

3. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

I do not want to answer with a straight Yes/No. But I am working, I have my first one - a girl and am expecting my second - Oct 31st.

Always thought it is better to have two kids. Infact, most of my cousins who are not working have stayed with just one kid!!!!

4. LizyMa

LizyMa New IL'ite

I have a 7-yr old who refuses to move out of my shadow even for 5 mns unless he's glued to his PC games or TV. I wish he had a sibling to engage with - he's miserable and expresses great sadness at being alone without brothers/sisters. The vets say it is cruel to keep a single pet without a partner...imagine our cruelty of raising a single child! I have thyroid and few other hurdles to having a second one, so I have no choice. But those of you who have to make the choice - please be prudent and wise!

5. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

hi
    even me have the same doubt from last year my first one is 3 years old now. not able to decide should i go for the second one or not and if yes, when is the right time.
    pls ladies help us who have 2 kids and working

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi,

You can definitely manage if that is what you want and can prioritize things appropriately. I am a full-time working mom. I have a 3 year old and am expecting my second one. I know tons of people in my workplace who are both working and have two kids. Of course the transition from one to two is not easy (or so I've been told), and the initial year may be difficult depending on the spacing between the two kids. But with a little planning and organization it definitely can be done.

Take heart!

7. manisha patel

manisha patel New IL'ite

Hi:

I am a full-time working mom with 2 kids - there are times when I am frustrated with working cos i am losing so much quality time with the kids but I find that if you priortize your time you are able to do both - I am manage by cooking my dinners in the morning so thereafter after work its all about family time - try to plan your week meals as well as time. for instance, mondays would be game night for us (meals usually are simpe) & fridays is movie night (at home) but its all about spending time with the kids. I try to clean the house during the weekdays so as to free up my weekends to do stuff with the kids. I hope this helps.

8. pratapa

pratapa New IL'ite

I think its always good to have two kids keeping in view their behavior. Now coming to the point of working with kids is just time management. We may have to stretch ourselves a bit more or if that is not possible, we can always work part time or some work from home.

9. Bindu Thomas

Bindu Thomas Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am a working mom with 3 kids ( 8yr,4 yr and 1 year). There are lots of times when I wish I could spend more time with them but when I'm not at home atleast they have each other to play with and are not alone. I truly believe that it is the biggest punishment one will give their child if they do not have any siblings( this is if there are no medical /other issues stopping us). As far as managing the home is concerned.... well I have a maid at home.. she helps me with the cleaning and to a good extent the cooking and keeps my mind at ease as there is an adult supervising the kids while I am away. The initial few years will be difficult as the children need attention. I try to prioritise my time and most often end up having no time for myself....Well... at the end of the day I still feel happy since I have tried to spend as much time as possible with the kids...

To put it simply.... It is not easy at all but possible with a little will power.
    All the best :thumbsup.

10. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

I agree with all of you in having 2nd one if no medical condition is stopping you. My girl just turned 3 and it is about time to plan for the second one. But in US, I do not see the possibility of having a maid. And our parents are not willing to travel half the globe. So without any help, how to plan a second one? It is confusing. Your inputs about time management or anything would be useful.

Thank you
    Rithi