1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can we look into a proposal where the guy has 498A case in India and divorced in USA?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pm86, Jun 30, 2014.

1. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

Recently got a proposal where the guy mentioned that he is still fighting the 498A case back in India. He got divorced in USA and looking to marry in USA.

2. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Re: Can we look into a proposal where the guy has 498A case in India and divorced in

I appreciate guy's honesty. Also feel its risky to get into this marriage.
    But looking to honesty I feel you can get in touch with the guy and ask him upfront that what is the case about and why did he divorce his x-wife...
    Please do chat with him / meet him often to know him better...After knowing the reasons and I would even suggest if possible do get in touch with his wife to know her side of story.

Please make sure and yes follow ur inner instinct coz it never lies...I some how bend my knees over honesty , but dnt have any such experience hence pls get it clear...

In my case , my DH had broken engagement that too...no tikka / they neither exchanged rings...but he was honest enough to share this and I liked his honesty and my parents were also ok with it...coz way he interacted with me was v decent and also the gal was prepared for marriage had some BF or something so My DH and family said no to gal...I feel bless to have my DH.

Wish you all the best

1 person likes this.
  3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Can we look into a proposal where the guy has 498A case in India and divorced in

pm,

please don't get into those.Select a person who is clean.

1 person likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Appreciate the guys honesty but back off. Why make things complicated for yourself? 498A cases are very tough to fight and even tougher for guys to win. It may take ages for it to resolve. What if he cannot even visit india in that time frame because of the fear of getting arrested?
    Plus, we never know if the case is genuine or fake. Why tempt fate when you know there is something like that.

1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well..firstly, though I might sound rude, please go for a guy who was never married unless u have other issues.U may be a nice girl and broadminded but I believe u deserve to try the best you can.

1 person likes this.
  6. saianugraha

saianugraha Bronze IL'ite

Back off pm . You know for sure he is in big problem, going further into this relationship , it will become your problem too. I appreciate his honesty. BUT Definitely there is something wrong with person, be coz 2 cases ......, suspicious!!!! try to get hold of his ex wife to know the facts.

7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

498A case is serious. Old habits die hard. Stay away from such alliances if possible.

8. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Honesty is always welcome ! But in your case is not desired, because you are your own.Why get into the trouble ?

9. anjuanju

anjuanju Bronze IL'ite

pm6,

Guy told you , that is good. But be care full. If possible try to get his ex details and some other family members or neighbors to get more details on divorce .me personally going through divorce at this moment. You can read my posts. No one can believe my husband being a doctor could do what I mentioned in the posts. But at the same time when he talk to any one he talk in such a way that he is so nice (he tell lies) but I am bad. So I will say be very careful when choosing a divorcee.

Anju

1 person likes this.