Can we have a get together in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by lallu82, Apr 29, 2010.

1. lallu82

lallu82 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm lalitha and i reached Melbourne a month before. Even though i can see so many Indians daily on the road, i feel very lonely. It would be nice if we ilites find some time to make friends. How about a get togethert on an holiday? Think and reply.

Bye to All,
    Lalitha

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Good Idea!!!!! Where & When?

3. sricharani

sricharani Senior IL'ite

hi Lalitha,
    I am Harini and a new migrant here. I too feel bored without much friends here. Your suggestion of get together is good.
    Lets all meet at convenient time

Harini

4. lallu82

lallu82 New IL'ite

Hi corallux and harini,
    thanx for ur reply. since we both r new to melbourne, corallux have to tell us where n when to meet. it would be nice, if you can invite your friends too.

5. sricharani

sricharani Senior IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,
    Are u from Chennai ?
    When did u come to melbourne ? I moved in Feb..and I have a 18 month old kid. Recently I got a job in software.
    What r u doing and where do u stay.
    Harini

6. inderanu

inderanu New IL'ite

I just moved recently here from Toronto and miss having Indian friends. It would be lovely to get together at a coffee shop and share our feelings.

Anu

7. sarikadeokar

sarikadeokar New IL'ite

Hey Gals,

The meeting plan sounds gr8! consider me in for this get together. How abt meeting over a coffee somewhere in the city?... a common central place for all :)

8. lallu82

lallu82 New IL'ite

hi all,
    why dont we fix up a saturday afternoon. since most of u are working, it should be fine on a saturday or sunday . might be in two weeks. what about 22nd of may..... we 'll decide on the spot. each one suggest a place. we'll select the best suitable one. i suggest the big park( i think it is a park) nearer to royal melbourne hospital and monash university........... i dont know the name.

waiting for the replies

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Keeping in mind that the "Rain Gods" can be benevolent anytime & also the presence of toddlers, better to keep a Plan B in place (indoor venue).

Most important, we cannot post our contact details on a public forum. It is safe to PM each other our contact details so that the venue & time can be fixed.

Awaiting suggestions from you all.

Rgds,

Corallux

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello friends

Nice idea. When all over people are busy organising meet ups I always used to wonder why Melbourne seems to be very quiet. But that is all that I did - think about it. Never volunteered to ask. So Lalitha, thanks to you for bringing up the idea.

Corallux - Did you mean PM through IL?? It is a paid service isn't it? Not all of them have the facility.

OK just giving you an idea here. Some of us here did meet up once, but we never bothered to call it an IL meet up for some reason. Just four of us met. We decided on a place. None of us had any contact details of each other. We decided what dress we will be wearing and where we will meet and it happened just like that. Our meeting place of on Platform number 3 at Flinders Street station. Two of them were on the same train line and the remaining two were on different lines. But we managed to meet. So that might be the way to go. We caught up at Flinders and then had coffee and something to nibble at the Time-out restaurant that is just bang opposite Flinders Street station. If kids are coming along then something like Melbourne Central will be good (indoors too). There is a good coffee shop on ?? (oh dear I forget) Lindt coffee shop on Collins/Eliz I think. Nice place to have a good hot yummelicious mug of hot chocolate. If it is a good warm day (I don't like the chances), Shrine of Remembrance could be a good place to meet. Running out of options now...... will come back if I can think of anything else.

Isn't there Queen's birthday off coming sometime?? But that is in June I think isn't it? I won't be in town for a month so can't make it. But c'mon ladies, make this happen. I am all excited to hear about it when I am back.