1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

can we get jobs in pizza hut,walmart etc

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rajeshh, Sep 9, 2010.

1. rajeshh

rajeshh New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I am in h4 visa.can i apply for pizza hut ,walmart or some other shops to find a job.give me your suggestion.I am a B.Sc degree holder .whether our h4 can be transfered to h1 or not .

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

2. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

You will not be able to work as long as you are on H-4 visa. You need to get a valid work visa(H-1, L-1) to start working. The shops you have mentioned (Pizza Hut, etc) will not sponsor work visas.

Your H4 can be transferred to H-1 if you get a job and a sponsor who will apply for your H-1 visa.

Good luck with that :thumbsup

3. rajeshh

rajeshh New IL'ite

Hi

From your reply i could understand that if i can get a job from pizza hut etc i can transfer my h4 to h1 with any of our sponsors.so i can try a job from there am i rite.

Thanks for your reply

4. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

You need a sponsor for H1b, pizaa hut, walmart, etc will not sponsor H1b. Under H4 you cannot work

5. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

When you say a job at Pizza Hut what job do you mean? As I mentioned earlier, you cannot get H-1 visa if you are going to work as a cashier there. H-1 is for skilled labor. Please read H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to get full details about H-1 visa.