1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

can we get jobs in pizza hut,walmart etc

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rajeshh, Sep 9, 2010.

1. rajeshh

rajeshh New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I am in h4 visa.can i apply for pizza hut ,walmart or some other shops to find a job.give me your suggestion.I am a B.Sc degree holder .whether our h4 can be transfered to h1 or not .

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

2. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

You will not be able to work as long as you are on H-4 visa. You need to get a valid work visa(H-1, L-1) to start working. The shops you have mentioned (Pizza Hut, etc) will not sponsor work visas.

Your H4 can be transferred to H-1 if you get a job and a sponsor who will apply for your H-1 visa.

Good luck with that :thumbsup

3. rajeshh

rajeshh New IL'ite

Hi

From your reply i could understand that if i can get a job from pizza hut etc i can transfer my h4 to h1 with any of our sponsors.so i can try a job from there am i rite.

Thanks for your reply

4. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

You need a sponsor for H1b, pizaa hut, walmart, etc will not sponsor H1b. Under H4 you cannot work

5. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

When you say a job at Pizza Hut what job do you mean? As I mentioned earlier, you cannot get H-1 visa if you are going to work as a cashier there. H-1 is for skilled labor. Please read H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to get full details about H-1 visa.