1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can v giv Milkbikis biscuit as a first food for 5 months old??

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by charmingpooh, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Tikka and V

Sorry to barge in...

planning to start solids for DD from Feb...thgt of rice kanji...but as u say it constipates and this site also says Make Avocado for your baby with our homemade avocado baby food recipe ideas. Learn about introducing avocado and feeding your baby avocado!, start with fruits & veggies, can v start with this avocado,mashed ?

But this is'nt widely available in chennai...and another thought is thisnk teh portal is suitable more to the west...since I have onnly heard people starting with rice kanji / cereal first???

Confused...:confused2:...Help please

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

The avocado available in India is available only in certain seasons. Use seasonal fruits and veggies to start with, not the ones that is preserved. Ridgeamma, the advise now differs a lot from what was practiced. We were advised to start with veggies and fruits and use rice cereals and ragi in the second round of introducing before going to dal. You as amother will know what works for your home - we do not do rasam or sambar or even thoor dal. We cooked more moong dal and rice (pongals are routine here) and soups and fruits are essential parts of our every meal. So we chose that route. The plus point is that I did not need to give DS anything for multivitamins or iron... calcium we get behind once in a while given DS's allergies, but I have a healthy, thriving 3 year old who has never been supplemented. We do not have issues with feeding either, no picky eating. In my opinion, wholesomebabyfood and mother-2-mother.com sample menus helped us with our weaning. Most of what is posted on those sites is in line with the Infant and young child feeding practices that is the foundation document followed by all paediatrican bodies around the world including Indian Academy of Paediatrics. All said and done, we never did avocadoes because it was just not the right food for us. Hope that helps

3. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Thanks Tikka...that clear message is "Do what suits your home" and take other as guiding line...

will start puppy with rice kanji and will intro veggies in second round...rice is our staple food and i want her to eat all veggies without frown, as she grows up..

4. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

hi ridge

hw to make rice kanji.. already they hav posted similar to tht??

can i give cerelac first stage..

from all, i stopped d biscuit,, thnx ladies

cheers
    poornima

5. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010