1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone help me with some info???

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by anulakshmanan, May 5, 2010.

1. anulakshmanan

anulakshmanan New IL'ite

Hi ppl.. I am Anu.I am getting married in a couple of months.. I am in the process of looking out for things that are needed.. I need some information from ppl who have already done and gone thru this phase.. Will help me a lot!! :) I reside in Chennai.
    1. Planning to get my silk sarees purchased from Nalli/Kumaran/RMKV. Plans are to go to Kanchipuram as well. Suggestions please.
    2. Decided to go for a designer saree for 8-10k for my reception. I want some unique birght colors and not very usual ones. I have some thoughts like Diva, Manmandir, Gotewala and shops in mint street.
    3. I am not planning to have any beauticians as they made a new face out of me in my engagement. I wish to look simple and look myself during my muhoortham and occassions before muhoortham. Just for reception I m planning to go to Kanya Tnagar. How good are they?
    4. Mehndi - Is Kanya good for mehndi as well? If not suggestions plz.
    5. Blouse stitching and embroidery on silk blouses - Is Athreya Valluvar kotam good at this? If not other options plz.

Will be helpful if you could respond ASAP.

Expecting good responses!! :)

Thanks in advance!

Anu

2. Sharada Ananthanarayanan

Sharada Ananthanarayanan New IL'ite

hi anu,congrats first.my sugestion is for ur reception sari.designer will be good but dnt go for 8k etc coz it will be too heavy for you to wear regularly.you will use it very sparsely after marriage.same fo rsilk saris too dnt go for double side borders for all saris.even f you are tall doouble side borders are waste.go for a one dbrdr fo ryour nisthathm odrs buy grand single side ones and go for designer blouses or embroidered ones.anywy you might have dreamt of this occassion so many times in your mind so try fullfilling them.just wanted to say dont makethe mistake as i did.happy shopping buddy:thumbsup