1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Can Someone Guide Us On How To Care For Ourselves During Our Menstrual Cycle Or Periods?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by raviveena, May 13, 2018.

1. raviveena

raviveena New IL'ite

Nowadays we are always so busy that not lot of us take care of ourselves until we get into some health issues. They used to say that we need to take good rest during this time. I was not paying too much interest or attention and thought they are all old style :)
    Recently I heard somewhere that we need to care and pamper ourselves so that our body gets rid of all the toxins during this time. If we are too busy it may not be done properly and we don't get the full purification process. Since this community has lot of different age groups, I am sure that someone will be there to guide us to a better path. Thanks Indusladies for creating such a great community.
    Can someone guide us on what kind of food to eat if we are vegetarian and when to take head bath and what oils to use, how much activities are okay to do?

Thanks,
    Veena

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Actually if we are busy there is no need that we have to pamper ourselves. we can take rest. The menstrual process will take place whatever work whether we do or not according to me. "If we are too busy it may not be done properly and we don't get the full purification process" - nothing like that. We can do any activity during that time as long as it doesnt physically hurt. Generally ppl take fenugreek for stomach pain even i have been taking that. avoid spicy and oily food during that time. thats all. in order to have healthy menstruation excercise helps.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

The body`s heat is less during periods, so don`t take oil bath for first 3 or 4 days. Some people will tell about our tradition to take head bath . But that will not work for all the people.Especially those who has synus trouble, they should not take head bath at that time. My 2 cents.

nakshatra1 and Sweety82 like this.
  4. raviveena

raviveena New IL'ite

Thanks so much for your responses Vidyalakshmi and sweety82. Greatly appreciate it. I am also taking fenugreek seeds. I agree that taking rest and doing as much as we can take care of our regular tasks is what works for most of us. I always knew that we are not supposed to take oil bath first 3 days, but now I clearly understand the reasoning behind as it cools down our body. Awesome appreciate it ladies. Thanks so much!

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Avoid head bath in periods. Always use hot water bag without fail. Try to relax and get sleep as much as possible.
    I use tablets if it is a workday but I don't think that's healthy. Look for natural medicines for pain.
    Eat fruits , soups etc avoid heavy foods .

6. raviveena

raviveena New IL'ite

Thanks so much for your response Nakshatra, greatly appreciate it. I was not aware not doing head bath until I got responses from this thread which is really helpful to know. Also not heavy food is also new to me. I am feeling better already with all your kind responses :)

nakshatra1 likes this.
  7. ferouze

ferouze New IL'ite

Mam veena the hormonal changes happen during periods which leads to Common symptoms include acne, tender breasts, bloating, feeling tired, irritability and mood changes in some women which will last only for a day or two. Bacterial over growth can happen during this time hence your personal hygiene is very important. Never use any soap water while wash your intimate parts since ph will be disturbed. Use the right V Wash . V Clean will cleanse without disturbing the pH. If the pH is disturbed overgrowth of infection causing bacteria will happen. Take care.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  8. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

Just stay clean as any other day of the month. I don't do anything different.

Changing pad irrespective of it is full or not periodically can stop infection development. I change every 8 hours.

Maintaining normal hygiene with intimate wash like V Wash. V Wash is very good. Another good one is Sebamed intimate wash. I like both equally. I wash every time while changing pad. Other days twice a day.

9. Bujji32786

Bujji32786 Senior IL'ite

Do menstrual cramps reduce with age?

10. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

For some teens as the body settles with hormonal surges etc, cramps do reduce. But for many others it is a tough story. As one ages, if fibroids develop in the uterus, cramps can get worse.

Bujji32786 likes this.