1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Bust My Mil?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reena26, Nov 22, 2016.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Well, a lot of people do this in India to get their kids into school early, especially if they are on the cusp of the cut-off date. It's tolerated (don't know if this still goes on ...). Making a federal case out of it - literally (!) - is unnecessarily vindictive. There is no going back from a move like this. I suggest you work toward the "living well is the best revenge" option.

shravs3, sarvantaryamini and dc24 like this.
  2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Doing this "busting" will also get your husband in trouble. Are you sure you wanna do this ?
    you are risking your relationship with your H !

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

In my generation ( still under 40) When we really "Hate" our MIL, at the max we would do is bitch about her to own parents and siblings, if that cross, we tell extended family and neighbors.
    Look how the thinking of new generation DIL's!!! Now my son is yet to be a teenager, If I do something stupid ( or if she think i did something stupid,) I'm just wondering how my DIL's thought processes is going to be? She is going to be new generation for today's new generation.

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I am planning on an attorney walkthrough :tearsofjoy::sunglasses:

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to burst ur bubble but a wrong DOB will not send ur MIL tp federal prison unless u can prove criminal intent. In the various shops I have worked at ....atleast a couple had their birthdates wrong either because of what @sokanasanah wrote or because of errors when they first immigrated and came to the country. We would come to know when we celebrated their birthdays and the stories around the changed dates would be shared quite enthusiastically. It will be a matter of inconvenience each time she travels but thats pretty much it.

SGBV and momsky like this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You may win the battle but lose the war. Please think clearly.

7. Raj1987

Raj1987 New IL'ite

Being a guy I would advise do not do anything directly that would turn your hubby against you. Anything against the mother is quite damaging for a guy or even for a girl for that matter. Think about it this way if he didnt get along well with your dad and planned something like this? how would it affect you? There could be other ways to deal with this i believe

SGBV, NeetaR and Induslady like this.
  8. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

I know its not easy to forgive tho ones who hurt us the most. I can see you hate your MIL to the core.
    But if that hatred is making you take unwise decisions then I think you need some help with dealing that hatred.
    Please take care

SGBV, HakunaMatata, NeetaR and 2 others like this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Firstly given the lack of proof, it would be hard to establish she was not born on the day she claims she was. Since there are probably no hospital records , and the school record states a DOB , that "is" her DOB. As long as she hasn't tampered with her school record, she is safe. She can celebrate it whenever she likes, it doesnt have to be on her legal DOB. And even if there is a case, it will be sorted out . But you will turn out to be the loser.

At one glance , it may seem how can a DIL think of such an "evil" thing. But to me the question would be , why is a DIL who probably wont hurt a stranger thing of hurting her MIL? Reminds me of "to climb into someone's skin and walk around in it" . To those who have been there can empathise.

But my dear, hate is a very corrosive emotion, nobody involved escapes unscathed. I tell you from experience. If you wish to have any peace and happiness, you have to heal this hate. Easier said than done. There is no other way.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is she dependent on your husband to get her a GC? Would he go ahead with the GC processing without your approval? Could she end up living in your house for 6 months a year without you being in favor of it? Are these fears well-founded or are you over-reacting? Either way, I am not going to judge your attempts to thwart her from joining your household against your wishes while she is not in need of physical care.

To answer your specific question, no, the DOB thing cannot be used in any way to create any passport/visa/GC hurdles, as many have pointed out.