1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can I be an independent women as I was before?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by sng, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

Hi.... I am in kind of similar situation.... my daughter is turning one and re-joining the same company i have been working at in about a month....even so i am very low in confidence!!
    we also moved in this last year, so we r in a whole new city of which i am just learning the routes/ways...... we have zeroed down on a day care for 8 am to 7 pm......
    about attending interviews, i tried tat before deciding to re-join my company....and i would reiterate on what others have said, u have to be confident about yourself, you need to brush up your skills and be bold and confident.....then chances will come.... once you clear a couple of interviews you will be able to find answers for all the other questions!!
    All the very best! :)

2. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

Iam in similar situation. I would say pls put ur kid in day care before u start working so that the transition is easier. Send her for half day so that she is used to the staff and other kids. Once she gets adjusted you will feel relieved to look for job. It will also give you 3-4 hrs of time daily for advancing your career. Also, get yourself accustomed to the place and travel a bit with your husband/ without kid once you get your job so that you dont have to worry abt it, In umbai public transport is good and timely but it is a bit too crowded. I think once the kids things are taken care of we feel confident.. thats my line of thought.

3. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

Hi sng,

What the above poster said is a very good point. My daughter was going to day care for one whole month for half day before I started working properly. I had my mom here to help during the transition period and things did work out.

So all the best and hope it all fulls into place for you.

Divya