cambridge or choueifat

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by mdmini, Jan 5, 2009.

1. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

Dear Richa

you are right in a way, but i dont' want to keep changing his school and then he might be uncomfortable, by tthe time he adjusts to a school change him from there. i dont really want to do that. but i was thinking of Giggles school, i heard they have till grade 5 or 6. is that true? how's the school and the teachers?

2. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

My son was in Giggles during the Nursery year. I feel that you should visit the school and get a feel yourself. Every kid is different and it's better if a parent checks out the school himself/herself. All the very best.

3. Umm_maryam

Umm_maryam New IL'ite

Hi there-- Just adding my two cents here. My nephew and niece has graduated from Choueifat and they have turned out to be very well behaved and confident young kids MashAllah. But I preferred to put my kids in Cambridge for a number of reasons-- #1-the atmosphere was a good mix of Indian and British values, less of Arabic dominance and the fee at that time was much more affordable than Choueifat. However, today both Choueifat and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cambridge</st1:place></st1:City> are more or less equal in terms of fee and reputation. As someone said-- its eventually how adaptable the child is and can gel in the crowd. My daughter is very happy with <st1:City w:st="on">Cambridge</st1:City> as was my older son-- but I'm having second thoughts about admitting my toddler to KG in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cambridge</st1:place></st1:City>( because of the distance).. Giggles is a good option ---close by location and is a decent school. Like you I've got to make this decision ASAP since the admission applications are closing!

4. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot, i will apply in all the three schools. i need a take a day off for this from office. school is a big tension!!! :rotfllet me know when you apply.

5. Umm_maryam

Umm_maryam New IL'ite

Just wanted to add that Giggles are presently welcoming only name registrations-in-waiting-- i.e they shall confirm a seat only in the first week of March.
    So go ahead and fill in your child's name and contact details if you are considering Giggles as an option.

6. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

thank you so much, i will register asap. thank u! where are you from? been in uae long tiem i guess!

7. Umm_maryam

Umm_maryam New IL'ite

Hi! Yup--I'm here for almost two decades now! My complete khaandaan is here-- but my parents got bored here and moved back to B'lore a few years ago.

8. pafatia

pafatia New IL'ite

dear friend

i just came through yr post and i found it v intresting as i also went through a same phase an year back.decideing a good school for the kids is really a v daunting task.so which school did u finalise nd how is yr kid able to cope with it..
    my 2 daughtrs study in chouiefat khalifa city.

wish u good luck