1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling husband by name?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Apr 18, 2007.

1. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Re: How to call husband?

hi,
    Igot married 14years back. after engagement when ever we met i called my hubby by name and after marraige my parents said that this shouldnot continue in front of others means all IL. so i started calling him respectfully. but he never mind me calling him in any way, but he tells me when i call him respectfully he feels very great and like to answer, and attend me immdiately.so i like that,n i want him to have attention on me i do what he likes right from the cooking to all the means, not that i kept away my likes but preference is given to his choice so my MIL and all others r happy. and i am very happy because my hubby pays me all attention.

2. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

Re: How to call husband?

I think this is very silly. Why on earth does he have a name if his dear wife cannot call him by it? If the relations and other people get offended, then atleast she could avoid it in public. But if he doesnt like it himself... wow! I just feel sorry for him/her. I had a cousin of mine who didnt agree to a marriage proposal because he demanded that she doesnt call him by the name. In my opinion, guys who dont want their wives to call their names are either stupersicious or powerhungry or they have too much trauma with that name - for eg. boss SHOUTING his name to blast him every 5 secs??

3. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies!!

Happy to see many of us sharing their feelings..!!
    i too feel like to share my feelings under this post...!!
    I call mu husband with a pet name .... which everybody likes @home...i feel nobody have anyobjections as i call him infront of them!!
    and when we both are there...we start calling each other as "Bey" ..hope telugu Ilites can understand this word....
    Some times we both call us "ra".."re"...we fight with each other as sumo's do....to have some excercise among us... Big Laugh
    ofcourse nobody knows this,,!!

4. vishnu

vishnu Bronze IL'ite

hi gpriya, what you said is 100% true.i too call my husband by his name. i till date don't know my husband likes it or not. but our age difference is just 1 1/2 yrs, so calling him atthaan is impossible for me. but i give all respects to him. i'm honest that i respect him, so i cannot act for public. this is my true face.

5. kshamapankaj

kshamapankaj New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am kshama, just when i was brousing i came across this web site and thought it was usefull.

You all have got the problem with others but my husband itself has got problem me calling him by his name. He feels that iam not respecting him. How will i change him. Please suggest me .

Regards​

Kshama

6. madhumathi1974

Hi Uma,
    Iam madhu from hyd but staying in saudiarabia i have read message its good as i understand that u know telugu so i like to saysomething about above topic if u have watched the telugu movie BOMARRILLU in one song siddarth says that the wife should call her husband repectfully in front of others but anything else as u said "ra' etc.in privacy, even i and my hubby call eachother like that but when we r with elders i call him respectfully, so i think there is no harm in following this method instead of getting into unnecessary conflicts and ego's.iam married for 14years with two kids, my hubby and i have a age gap of 6years and he is a software person but still we enjoy in this way by calling eachother with all names and tease each regarding college days etc. we r very happy in all means.

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,
    After a long time I am visitig this thread. Interesting.:coffee I went through all the posts.Most of the young girls wants to call their husband by their names :confused: I dont say it is wrong. But I am having only one point for not to call him by name.It is purely my opinion. In the whole world, you are the only person who is giving the title 'husband' for him. Then why dont you call him differently? All the others can call his name and you can call him with out name. So you are making him as a special person and intimate. Is it not?
    In other words, we ourselves wont call us by our names. correct? like that we must feel that we are two by body but one by soul. That is why we treat his mother as our mother and his father as our father. Calling his brother as brother and sister as sister.
    No body can call him like 'mama, athan, yennanga, inga parugo' like that. Call him once and you will find immediate smile on his face.Try and give me a feed back.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. madhumathi1974

Hi krishnaamma garu,

Its good to see u again. Iam madhu from khobar 8th cross i think u remember me. I agree with u to the above and iam following this from the time of my marriage. My hubby loves this and he says when i call him respectfully in telugu (evandi) he likes to respond r attend me immediately, and to my opinion every women wants to have their hubbies attention towards them, and my inlaws like this very much.

9. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Madhu,

How are you? I remember you very well. I am from 16th st and you know saraswathipv, she is now here in kobhar and she is in 6th st., we ( me and my husband) met them, they came to our house and we went to their hotel room.Nice people.

They came to Kobhar last month end. And now they shifted to a house. So she is near your house.

You guided pinky, in Saudi Arabia thread, to get a good sewing machine, I saw that and replied also. have you gond through my sub- forum? I dont get any comments from you. :coffee for your reply. If you want you can send PM to me.Bowyou are always welcome.

10. laasya

laasya Silver IL'ite

Hi Krishnamma

Great reply and i truely agree with u
    thanq for guiding all youngsters with lot of confusion in calling their husbands by names

love