1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Calling Cards? Which one is best?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pooja, Apr 2, 2005.

1. pooja

pooja New IL'ite

I have tried a variety of calling cards. Everytime I have to spend $20 to find out whether a card is good or not. So far, I have not settled on a good card.

Can anyone recommend a good calling card that they are happy with? I need one to call from the US to India.

2. indira

indira Junior IL'ite

3. madhu_cute

madhu_cute Junior IL'ite

International calling

Hi Pooja,

Why don't you try Vonage is voice over data cable type phone connection and their package including local, long-distance and international calling is very attractive.

Good luck,
    Madhu

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  4. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

SpeedyPin calling cards...

I tried vonage for a while. It is definitely cheaper than anything I know of. But my family in India and friends in other places complained that the voice is not clear.

What is the point of getting something cheap if it is not going to serve our purpose. So, I discontinued Vonage and went back to SBC land line. Now, I also use Reliance India Call.

Before switching to Reliance, I used TCC calling card from Speedy Pin. They charge 8.3cent/minute. They worked fine and there was no voice clarity issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  5. malini_m

malini_m New IL'ite

Reliance india call is the best

6. kavya

kavya Bronze IL'ite

Phonecards @ Indiaplaza.com

Hi,

I just came across some phone cards with discounted prizes in this site Indiaplaza Deals. They have different cards with differnt rates to various parts of India. May be value for money...

Check out - Phone Cards

7. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Broadband phone connection

Hi,

We recently got Lingo broadband telephone connection. It is based on voice over internet technology. They provide a broadband adaptor which works with the existing internet connection. Since we anyway have interent connection, we went in for the internet based telephony.

Lingo broadband phone connection has very attractive packages that includes unlimited local call, unlimited long distance calls within US and Canada and unlimited international calling plans.

We have got international calling facility too and we are able to directly dial the numbers with country code. No more calling cards! Lingo broadband also provide the facility of checking the usage instantaneously on the website.

8. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

phone cards

hi everybody,

we just moved in here. i tried so many phone cards. now iam using reliance.
    it seems to be good than other cards i tried.

surya.

9. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Pingo calling card

Hi,

I recently tried calling my folks in India using a calling card from Pingo.

It works out to 12.5 cents / minute, little lesser than Reliance India call. Call clarity was very good. PIN-less dialling.

If someone wants to try - here are few details...

Get a 10% off on first purchase with a coupon code: Springcall06

Here is the link for the same...
    $5 FREE plus 10% off from Pingo

Regards,
    Uma

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  10. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

I use the card from www.10dollarscard.com .. It always go through without any trouble and its 8.50 for 72 mts(says 60 mts in website, but actually its 72 mts).

And recently we took vonage for India, which is working out very good. $14.99 for 500 mts and unlimited incoming mts. Voice is not much clear when someone calls from India, but if we call back from here thats much clearer and also in that way u can make use of unlimited incoming calls.

:)